Manager of Support ServicesPetroplan Featured Employer
* Will be responsible for establishing all projects Planning, Contracts, Finance, Cost Control,
Auditing Controls and Assurance Processes including auditing to Contractors and Sub-contractors,
Documents controls and Administrations.
* Must have proven records of initiation of meaningful project controls in a multi-project(s)
environment and with demonstrable skills in the management of project time and cost.
* Management, control, coordination and supervision services as well as assistance for the assigned
project inclusive of budget formulation, cost control and quality assurance.
* Management of support services for supervising and directing engineering, procurement and
management of construction contractors appointed by the Client.
* Management of services for all Environmental and remediation activities including development of
Technical specification, projects plan, strategies, implementation, and prepare & conduct
presentation as required by the Client.
* Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects such as FEED (front
end engineering design) studies and preparation, ITB (invitation to bid) check estimate preparation,
LSTK (lump sum turnkey) tender package preparation are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective
and timely manner.
* Act as primary technical coordination interface with client to ensure that the client's expectations
* Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory
and code requirements.
* HSE Management
o Maintains HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements included in design and
o Maintains and builds healthy client relationships.
o Proactively resolves performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
o Identifies, documents, communicates and meets the client's requirements
o Effectively manages assigned budgets within clients total scope.
o Compliance with the client
o Compliance with requirements of the contract.
o Effective change control process application.
o Achievement of claims mitigation and claims management if appropriate.
o Contributes to the development of overall project schedule.
o Supervises work in accordance with the approved schedule
o Monitors cost aspects of the project within direct control to forecast final costs, identifies trends and takes action to avoid cost overruns.
o Promotes implementation of VIP (value improving practices) on the assigned project to achieve overall effectiveness of the use of capital on projects.
o Contributes to compliance with clients policies and procedures.
o Strong working knowledge of clients engineering and procurement systems and procedures.
o Focuses team on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
o Listens to the team, discusses the issues, resolves problems and directs activities to remove
roadblocks and achieve objectives.
o Regularly provides clear reports to project management.
o Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
o Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Projects Manager and the Client Team
o Superior presentation skills.
o Monitors the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
o Sets clear objectives to the design team, including achieving productivity and budget
o Ensures design team aware of, and complies with, applicable regulations and codes.
o Manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
Assesses procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are
delivered on time and are within budget.
Qualifications - Internal
* B. Sc. Engineering degree is a MUST.
* Minimum 15 years post-graduation total experience.
* 10 years minimum experience post qualification in Oil & Gas, refinery, or petrochemical
industry, with exposure to heavy oil projects
* 5 Years minimum on Project Control Manager/ Contracts Manager role.
* Proven track record of managing multi-projects in general and Design & Engineering and
Construction function in particular, in the oil and gas industry.
* Track record of experience in managing environmental projects
* Is responsible for developing the overall strategy for soil remediation in the assigned areas, it includes contracting strategies and management of contractors.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.