We are currently supporting a leading energy company in their search for a Geoscientist that specialises in CO2 Storage to join them on a permanent basis in Saudi Arabia.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading company in their bid to make their industry more sustainable for future generations.
The ultimate goal of the team you would be joining is to find hydrocarbon & non-hydrocarbon resources through strategic & sustainable exploration programs that integrate the best talent, optimal processes and leading-edge technologies in a safe and cost-effective manner. A qualified candidate will be part of a competent team of geoscientists, to work collaboratively to maintain a healthy portfolio for CO2 storage. Technical responsibilities include all aspects of well and seismic data interpretation and integration to generate candidate CO2 sinks, associated with volume ranges, and risk assessment. The candidate is also expected to come up with innovative ideas for the portfolio, and to interact with multi-disciplinary stakeholders, in order to generate efficient operational plans to assess storage targets.Minimum Requirements
As a successful candidate, you would need to hold a bachelor or higher degree in Geology or Geophysics.
You will have 15 years of experience in subsurface geoscience including several years of experience specifically related to geological interpretation, mapping and preferably CO2 subsurface storage option mapping, selection and site characterization, including extensive experience in applying Clastic and Carbonate Sequence and Seismic Stratigraphy and Regional Geology using seismic and well data to document all scales relevant subsurface storage option generation, ranking and characterization.as well as an extensive experience in petro-technical applications relating to the use of wells and seismic (2D and 3D) for subsurface storage geoscience, e.g., Petrel, Petrosys. You will be competent with basic well log interpretation and familiar with advanced logs and well data such as image logs, NMR, pressures and core.
As a subject matter expert you will have;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience in planning and involved with the operational decision making of several wells.
- English language fluency with the capability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing, with experience of working with multidisciplinary teams across different parts of an organization.
- Experience of other non-hydrocarbon subsurface management challenges such as geothermal, Hydrogen storage, chemical storage etc would be an advantage.
- A track record of research publications or patents would be an advantage.
- Excellent presentation skills.
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Exploration mapping and option generation for CO2 storage in the subsurface geology of Saudi Arabia.
- Have a background of CO2 properties and how they relate to depth of storage, seal effectiveness and long-term aspects of trapping mechanism, subsurface dynamics and interaction with subsurface materials such as lithologies and drilled wells.
- Interpret well information, making well correlations and working with petro-physicists as required to define stratigraphic frameworks and the properties of reservoirs and seals, and characterize in-situ formation water properties.
- Participate in the acquisition planning and possibly interpretation of geo-mechanical information, such as analysis of conventional core, relating to seal integrity for CO2 storage.
- Familiarity with well injection testing and operations, and interpretation of well test data in terms of reservoir performance in relation to CO2 storage.
- Interpret seismic, including seismic stratigraphic interpretations for storage.
- Apply sequence stratigraphic techniques to identify storage opportunities. Structural geology skills including fault interpretation and fault seal.
- Understand depth conversion of seismically-mapped geological surfaces, considering velocity information and uncertainties.
- Map making using industry standard tools.
- Storage volume and risk estimates.
- Prepare and present professional-quality presentation materials to technical peers and management.
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to young professionals
- Take critical decisions and solve problems.
- Works in multidiscipline teams.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.