Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer
to join its team. This role will provide technical input within Operations Engineering and the wider Wood organisation, predominantly relating to projects in gas facilities covering onshore gas plants (including LNG) and offshore gas and condensate platforms. Join a culture of innovation ,
pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
As a Senior Process Engineer, you will report to the Process Manager / Lead Engineer or Study Manager on their assigned project / study with respect to timely delivery of reports, presentations, drawings and calculations and datasheets. You will work closely with other disciplines and the client to support them in making appropriate technical decisions for the project.
You will build positive relationships with all stakeholders and will be guided in your career journey to effectively:
- Work on engineering projects at any phase including concept identification and selection, FEED, Detailed Design, commissioning and start-up
- Manage yourself to produce deliverables in accordance with the work budget and schedule
- Set clear technical direction for any assigned direct reports on the project
- Stand in as deputy for the Lead Process Engineer or Study Manager for specified periods of absence, where required
- Communicate with clients, presenting results, proposals and ideas
- Understand the needs and perspectives of the client
- Keep your Study Manager / Lead Process Engineer apprised of project activities
- Develop less experienced engineers
- Identify potential weaknesses in existing practices and tools and initiate improvement processes.
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive onsite gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs.
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities. Skills / Qualifications To be considered for this opportunity, you must hold working rights to work lawfully in an Australian location. Those with visa applications in progress are also encouraged to apply.
You will be suitably qualified in Chemical Engineering from a recognised institution and have:
What will set you apart will be your extensive experience in process engineering design and applied knowledge in O&G brownfields engineering.
- 6+ years design engineering related experience within the Oil & Gas production industry
- An ability to apply the relevant technical practices, codes and standards appropriate to Process Engineering discipline
- An ability to manage risk during the design process consistent with technical and commercial requirements
- Excellent analytical, numerical and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Capability and willingness to undertake site visits either onshore or offshore
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications, spreadsheets and commercial engineering programs such as Hysys or Unisim, Flarenet, Pipenet, HTFS or HTRI, etc
- A "solutions mindset" and be able to manage varying tasks with changing and competing priorities
- Experience participating in HAZOP, HAZID and LOPA studies.
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges.
Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply. If you are a Senior Process Engineer, this role offers you an opportunity to progress and thrive as part of an established team working within a global Engineering organisation.
Shortlisting will commence immediately. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.