Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Instrumentation Designer to join our client's London project team on a 12-month contract basis.
This is an exciting career opportunity to join a large Gigafactory project which is purposely being constructed for our client.
- Responsible for ensuring all design deliverables are technically correct.
- Day to day supervision of the instrument section designers and draughts assigned to an asset or project.
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Ensure that the required technical quality of work is maintained.
- Ensure that discipline personnel assigned meet the required competency criteria including carrying out appraisals and identifying training.
- Ensure as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Review and set discipline resource levels under his control to ensure the ideal number or personnel to meet workload and schedule with maximum efficiency.
- Commitment to and promotion of the clients values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- HNC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Conversant with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation applicable to draughting function.
- Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting for draughting function.
- Experienced in the supervision of discipline designers and draughtspersons.
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work.
- Conversant with company and client draughting standards and specifications.
- Conversant with company quality control assurance requirements applicable to draughting function.
- Able to take a lead in training and ongoing education of subordinates.