Greetings from Sofomation!!
We have an Urgent Opening for Chemical Advisor for Saudi Arabia Location
- Advise and guide the development of Downstream strategic goals and plans to the CEO and members of Corporate and Executive Management.
- Act as a focal point for Downstream Strategies Group with the Downstream business in general and Chemicals business in particular, guiding strategic and business planning and ensuring business strategies are aligned with corporate strategies.
- Conduct strategic fit assessments and analyses for chemicals related projects and business development opportunities as well as advise in setting strategic direction and contributing to the Company's investment plan.
- Review Downstream's operating plan and contribute to annual business plan refresh with particular focus on Chemicals to ensure its alignment with the Company's strategy.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including decision makers in the Downstream business, mainly in chemicals, as well as external stakeholders including consultancies, industry experts, and leading organizations.
- Represent the company at relevant internal and external conferences and seminars and preparing presentations.
- Monitor developments in the Chemicals sector and recommend actions, which could impact the Company's performance and strategy and discern Company implications.
- Benchmark Chemicals performance and related processes, practices and technologies against relevant companies in the region and around the world.
- Initiate research and studies on topics that could impact Downstream Chemicals competitive advantage, preparing analyses and presentations for Corporate and Executive Management and various Committees.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in the Chemicals industry with consulting experience in a major international consulting firm.
- Experience in at least one of the following Chemicals sector: Basic Chemicals (Olefins or Aromatics) or Derivatives.
- The candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management or closely related disciplines from a top-tier institution. In addition, relevant graduate degree is highly desirable.
- Global or multi-national business experience with developed multi-cultural sensitivity.
- Must have experience developing and delivering strategic insights, investment and market analysis, and business strategies for a major integrated downstream business.
- Experience presenting to Corporate and Executive Management, Board of Directors and wider audiences.
- Must have a proven ability to build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver business strategies and plans is desirable.
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions in the Chemicals sector is highly desirable.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially with Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills are essential.