Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The Motorhand position is responsible for all tasks and duties of a mechanical discipline and preventative maintenance basis as directed and within the scope of Parker Drilling's safe-working practices.
- Provide visible leadership with a Total Ownership attitude. Owns safety standard.
- Enforce, clarify, and follow Company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Follow the client's daily drilling plans.
- Promote operational excellence through procedural discipline.
- Ensure crews achieve Company and client competency standards.
- Respond to emergency situations including, but not limited to, wellbore influxes, hydrogen sulfide detection and major mechanical or structural failures.
- Evacuate the facility to avoid injury during emergencies.
- Provide assistance with regard to rescue operations for injuries or overcome personnel.
- Maintain the start-up and blowdown of an operating steam system.
- Assist on rig floor operations as needed
- Assists with repair and maintenance of mud pumps, shale shaker, desander, desilter, and degasser units (rig solid control system).
- Assist during nipple up and nipple down operations and rig-up/rig-down of the drilling rig
- Assist the chief mechanic in preventive maintenance and repair operations.
- Assist the chief mechanic following the rig lubrication schedule
- Disposes used oil in disposal drum.
- Cleans the mast and substructure with a high-pressure steam cleaning unit. Scrubs and paints the mast and substructure.
- Visually checks all instruments, gauges, and fluid levels. Checks the motors, reads gauges, checks the boiler and water tank.
- Maintain the rig equipment hours log.
- Understands role during well control event.
- Understands role during a spill drill.
- Comply with emergency response plan or station bills during emergencies and/or drills.
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be directed.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- A High School diploma is required.
- Should have at least 2 years of specific work experience.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools and operating work vehicles such as forklift, trencher, crane, etc.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- Initiating & Driving Change
- Result Focused
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Ability to work at heights (scaffolding or ladders)
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Wellbore provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran's status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.