Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Warehouse Material Handler to join our team in Ville Platte, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Receives, stores, issues material and supplies to project sites.
- Loads and unloads supplies material and equipment, places incoming supplies on shelves or in assigned areas, ability to climb ladders to stock shelves, keep warehouse facility in an orderly, clean and safe fashion.
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site, performing any combination of following duties.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to certain materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools.
- May occasionally operate fork lift, truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Conveys, materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, forklift or other device.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Counts, weighs, and records numbers of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together using banding machine and clincher.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees.
- Be motivated and work safely and productively.
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.