Field Engineer Trainee - Well Construction Division Location:
Den Helder, The Netherlands
This position is a 50% split between Onshore/offshore on plant facilities through western Europe. About SLB:
We are SLB, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Active in 120 countries globally, we design, develop, and deliver revolutionary technology and services in the energy sector that transforms how work is done. At SLB we create top-notch technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. And as innovators, that's been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world's greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world's growing energy demands
. We're working on that answer. Every day, a step closer.
Our collective future depends on decarbonizing
the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It's what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it. SLB is looking for new Field Engineers Trainees - are you the one?
You are a newly graduated Master or Bachelor student with a strong desire to grow and develop into one of our future leaders in SLB.
By joining our Field Engineer trainee program, you will be embarking on a unique journey with the world's leading provider of technology to the global energy industry.
Are you forward-thinking, analytical, and motivated when you need to solve challenging tasks? If you also enjoy a steep learning curve in different learning arenas, then SLB is for you.
As a trainee with SLB, you will get opportunities to develop personally and technically with help of the best experts in the field. Job Description:
As a trainee with us, you will be thrown into deep water in different roles in diverse professional environments. You will face a steep learning curve and be given a unique opportunity to build an exciting career together with skilled colleagues and the best professional environments in our industry. Essential responsibilities and duties:
Qualifications and competencies:
- Ensure job deliverables are accurate and delivered on time.
- Blend and mix bulk products for delivery to the wellsite, on time, according to the job program design.
- Check and/or calculate quantities of material blends required prior to loading.
- Coordinate movement of bulk products to and from locations with the Logistics Team.
- Assist in conducting monthly inventory and daily paperwork completion for goods received and shipped.
- Maintain bulk plant equipment by performing a daily check while ensuring the bulk plant is kept clean.
- Participate in job risk analysis and continuous improvement programs.
- Wear PPE and observe HSE policies.
We are looking for a Master or Bachelor graduates in the following areas:
Field Engineer Training Program
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Over approximately 3-4 years you will embark on a fixed step training program consisting of technical, non-technical and leadership development modules that will give you practical insight into the oil and gas sector both offshore and onshore. A journey that will develop you from Junior to Senior and later to General Field Engineer with the ambition to be one of SLB Future Leaders. You will have a professional mentor to support you navigating your career. About you:
We can offer:
- You speak Dutch and English fluently (written & verbal)
- You are outgoing, independent and have good social skills.
- You must be comfortable talking with people from a diverse background and giving presentations.
- You like teamwork and have the right attitude towards your coworkers and suppliers.
- An international working environment and career opportunities throughout the entire SLB system.
- Opportunities to learn and grow within the company.
- Good working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
Apply as soon as possible, by following the link. If you have any questions you can contact:
Radboud Huizinga, Talent Acquisition Specialist. E-mail: company website To be considered for the Trainee program you must include the following in your application:
SLB on YouTube:
- Detailed CV
- Cover Letter
- Educational documentation
By submitting your CV you indicate your consent for SLB to process your personal details in relation to potential job vacancies in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.