Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
To provide installation, repairs and routine servicing of remedial service packers, completion tools and other rental equipment in the shop and in the field. Help generate business to increase revenues through sales of Weatherford products and services. This is the intermediate level job for Field Specialist, who have a demanding, hands-on job that makes use of the latest technologies to deliver solutions for our clients. Acts to manage field crews whenever necessary. They are trained and certified to maintain and run Special Services operations, among others. Acquires and develops broad knowledge and skills in a specific practice area. Applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform tasks for conventional products. Exercises limited judgment. Works on small projects or portions of larger projects. Assists on other tasks, or performs moderate design tasks. Receives close supervision, and thorough review of all work performed for application of sound professional judgment.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Perform installation services for casing and tubular running operations using power tongs and handling equipment
- Must be proficient in repair and maintenance of hydraulic equipment. Some basic low voltage electrical knowledge preferred
- Have a keen understanding of different facets of field operations including but not limited to completions, casing operations, remedial work-overs, cementation
- Able to work effectively on drilling rigs and drill ships
- Perform maintenance & repairs on company owned rental equipment in the field as needed.
- Accurate & thorough completion of job reports on a timely basis.
- Assist in the shop and make deliveries when available
- Available on a 24 hours call basis to respond to customer needs.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 2 or more years related field experience in the of the following disciplines
- Torque Turn Systems
- Power Tong Systems
- Handling Tool Systems
- High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum.
- General product knowledge
- Mechanical ability necessary to perform repairs
- Valid Driver license
- Basic Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel computer skills
- Self-motivator, self-starter
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Able to work closely with fellow employees
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- 2 years College degree