Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Engineering Manager
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Integrity Engineer - Cranes & Lifting Norwich, 12 month contract
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Cranes & Lifting team. As a Structural Integrity Engineer (Cranes & Lifting), you will contribute to the technical management of the structural integrity assurance and regulatory compliance of offshore and onshore lifting appliances, ensuring that lifting appliances remain fit for purpose.
Your primary responsibilities will be to support and manage integrity assurance, in service inspection and repair, and suitability engineering assessments with regards to lifting appliance structural integrity, regulatory compliance and performance.
You will need a solid understanding of structural engineering (preferably Offshore), recognition of defects and anomalies, and the ability to carry out engineering calculations for remedial actions as necessary. In addition, this position requires engineering working knowledge of corrosion issues, inspection techniques and practical repair methods. Offshore experience would be preferred, but suitable and comparable experience in a similar engineering sector would be considered.
You will report directly to the Cranes and Lifting Team Leader and work in conjunction with the Cranes and Lifting Technical Authority. This role is based in our Norwich office with the requirement to travel offshore periodically.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Lead and conduct inspection assessments and engineering studies to develop inspection plans and make recommendations for repair or other risk management actions.
• Review and approve requests to defer lifting appliance inspections.
• Review and assess structural inspection data on lifting appliances and preparation of close out reports to contribute to the endorsement process for continued operation.
• Generate and specify Corrective Work Orders and Fabric Maintenance Recommendations in terms of scope and suitable timeframes.
• Undertake structural calculations working to appropriate codes of practice to determine the requirement for repair; maintaining a clear appreciation of risk management.
• Be involved in detailed analysis of Lifting Appliances in accordance with latest API's, ISO's or any other appropriate codes of practice.
• To ensure lifting appliances remain in compliance with the company's verification scheme and subsequent performance standards.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
• Degree (BSc/BEng or MEng) in Civil/Structural/Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
• Working towards professional membership of an appropriate Institute (ICE, IStructE or IMechE) and Chartered status preferred.
• The jobholder must possess a strong operational knowledge of lifting appliances.
• Ability to travel offshore where required would be preferred.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in order to provide timely and appropriate feedback to team members and operational personnel in the carrying out of the described duties.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.