Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Position Description
We are seeking a Seismic Depth Imaging Geophysicist to join Geophysical Imaging Department.
The Geophysical Imaging Department is an organisation that supports Saudi Aramco exploration and development programs through providing timely quality geophysical solutions focusing on subsurface images and quality of reservoirs and prospects. The department works in a solution-based model that integrates different geophysical disciplines like survey design, acquisition, time processing, depth imaging, near surface modelling, borehole geophysics, potential fields, rock physics and inversion. Such dynamic model works interactively with clients, interpreters, to support exploration and development programs business needs.Minimum Requirements
As the successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor or higher degree in Geophysics. Alternative acceptable disciplines in conjunction with work experience would include Physics or Geology.
A minimum of fifteen years of experience in seismic depth imaging experience with exposure to recent related technologies is needed. Expertise could be with either a service provider or a major oil and gas company.
Experience in effective decision making in land, transition zone, and marine (OBC, OBN) seismic imaging.
Show evidence of having worked to implement latest technologies and design workflows for seismic depth imaging.
A wide variety of geological settings resembling different seismic imaging challenges.
Exposure to programming and software development for seismic data imaging will be considered a positive addition.
English language fluency with the capability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Excellent presentation skills.Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Design seismic imaging workflows to improve quality of subsurface images for a given geological setting.
- Implement latest seismic imaging technologies to augment quality of geophysical solutions.
- Work dynamically within the geophysical solution based working model by interacting with different disciplines for a common goal.
- Interact closely with clients to understand their business needs and provide fit for purpose solutions.
- Assess uncertainty related to seismic imaging work and share its impact on delivered solutions.
- Participate in projects peer-reviews as needed to assure quality of work.
- Work closely with developers, whether internally or through vendors, to provide seismic imaging technologies to solve issues like near surface, noise, multiples, velocity models building, and resolutions.
- Present work to management and team members whenever requested.
- Mentor junior geophysicists in learning seismic depth imaging through hands-on projects.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.