Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Manager - Taxation who shall have working knowledge on taxation and understanding of the nuances in the tax laws.
Skills / Qualifications
- Ensure Corporate Tax returns of Wood entities are filed, and all corporate Direct & Indirect Tax Obligations are monitored.
- Handle tax audit and transfer Pricing study of Wood entities by providing the details to consultants.
- Assist the consultants with details for assessments and if required accompany them to tax assessments.
- Assist the consultants with details for obtaining opinions on complex tax issues.
- Maintain a track on all tax cases and ensure there is a proper and timely response to the orders/letters received from Tax authorities whether directly from the company or through the outside consultants.
- Preparation of monthly Goods & Service Tax ("GST) reconciliation to identify any GST liability and payment thereof, review of monthly GST return and annual compliance ensure that returns are filed before the due date.
- Calculation of Advance Income tax and ensure they are remitted within the Due date after getting required approvals.
- Periodical advice / assistance to the Accounts team in updating of tax matters and accounting of tax related transactions.
- Provide tax advice to business for proposed business contract in consultation with Group tax.
- Chartered Accountant with 5+ years' experience
- Should possess working knowledge on taxation and understanding the nuances in the tax laws
- Experience in preparation of statutory returns, providing details and handling of assessments
- To possess knowledge of various tax related laws, rules and statutes and to keep abreast of latest amendments and case laws
- Analyse the impact of changes in tax laws to FWIPL and ensure compliance
- To ensure that Corporate Tax returns are filed and all corporate Direct & Indirect Tax
- Obligations are monitored & appropriate statutory returns are filed and the statutory dues are remitted on time
- To assist management in taking positions on tax issues after discussions with company's tax counsel / consultants
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.