What is the purpose of this role?
The Des Plaines Terminal is a pipeline terminal that handles gasoline and distillate products for distribution to Shell customers. The terminal receives product via pipeline and truck and ships out product via a truck loading rack and pipeline operations. Terminal operators are responsible for all operational duties related to the receipt, storage and distribution of its products. What activities is this role responsible for?
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compliance with company procedures and government regulations related to HSSE (Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental) and various agency permits
- General maintenance and housekeeping in support of terminal assets to ensure a safe, secure, and environmentally sound operation
- Handling, receiving, transferring, shipping, and storing of petroleum products via pipeline and truck
- Basic problem solving on loading rack malfunctions and other terminal systems
- Basic knowledge of computer input and stock reconciliation
- Quality assurance sampling and testing of products
Terminal Operators are accountable for thorough and complete compliance with company and regulatory procedures in the execution of their jobs. Examples include:
What is needed in order to be considered for this role?
- Compliance with the Shell Midstream US HSSE Manual
- Compliance with the Measurement Manual
- Familiar and compliant with environmental manuals such as the FRP and SPCC plans
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Must possess a current, valid driver's license
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Relevant / related Military experience will be considered.