What is the role
The Analytical Chemist provides process chemistry support to the Analytical Laboratory to ensure excellence in Process Safety, Reliability, Margin/Energy Optimization, and Cost Management. The chemist works closely with the Process Chemists and Technicians to provide technical assurance to the laboratory in to support production. Some examples of the support the Analytical Chemist will provide for the site are:
What we need from youRequirements:
- Assuring the methods used in the laboratory are fit for purpose
- Advanced troubleshooting of methods and instrument malfunctions
- Participate in Management of Change (MOCs) to ensure robust Product Quality Management during changes to be implemented.
- Developing methods to test unknown samples and draw conclusions from the results to support Operations
- Maintain the QC systems for the Laboratory to assure data quality
- Monitor performance of the Technicians and provide additional training and coaching as required
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Gas chromatography (GC) experience a major plus
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in refining or chemical industry in an analytical chemistry role.
- Strong analytical background in troubleshooting
- Effective problem solving of methodology and equipment
- Causal analysis experience
- Familiarity with standard test method protocols used for petrochemical testing (ASTM, UOP,ISO)
- General knowledge of chemical analysis
- Ability to apply Quality Assurance concepts to varying situations
- Data Management and statistical knowledge
- Ability to share points of view and drive resolution to closure
- Leadership ability to support, educate and mentor a variety of individuals
- Ability to gather data quickly and make quick logical decisions
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.