Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
Projects & Engineering (P&E) is Shell's project execution engine that safely and efficiently executes new projects for our business partners in Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies. P&E also provides differentiated, engineering support to existing assets, both at Shell and non-operated ventures. The P&E mission remains unchanged in Reshape: 'Creating World Class Assets' i.e. delivering best-in-class projects and enabling our existing assets to achieve their full potential.
In Project & Engineering we believe that an inclusive and diverse workplace is essential to our future success. Reshape provides the opportunity for growth to people from all walks of life across the globe. Our selection criteria focus on getting the best talent for the job and we encourage you to apply for the role if you believe your experience, skills, competences, or diverse perspective can make the difference. We are committed to bias-free resourcing, allowing equal opportunity to everyone.
The Welding Engineer is accountable to the MCI Delivery Manager in P&E Malaysia for the delivery of Welding scope across Shell Malaysia upstream portfolio. The individual will be a member of the MCI Delivery Team working on the total delivery of MCI scope through the ORP encompassing design, fabrication, construction, installation, and commissioning on projects including Project-to-Asset handover.
Projects and Capex:
- SK 318 Rosmari and Marjoram - ~USD 2-3 bln
- Deepwater Projects - ~USD 500 mln
- Brownfield portfolio and other projects - USD30 to USD 50 mln
- SK318 Timi, MLNGX FaS, F6VLAP
- Assets - SMEP and NOV operating assets
- To provide technical guidance, expertise and support to SMEP projects and assets on materials/
metallurgy and fabrication/welding issues.
- Prepare materials and welding related project deliverables such as Material Specifications,
Welding Specifications and Inspection Tests Plans (ITPs)
- Provide guidance, advice, and support to other disciplines with respect to materials, welding,
fabrication and inspection issues/techniques for both onshore and offshore upstream
- Assist with the preparation of Invitation to Tender (ITT) documents and participate in technical bid
evaluations; e.g. for T&I contract.
- Execute contracts in support of developing and finalizing material specifications or in support of
resolving material and welding related issues.
-Development of new materials/welding specifications, testing and practices
- Perform technical audits in fabrication yards, steel mills, offshore pipe lay, & subcontract component
- Provide welding and metallurgical expertise in failure investigations.
- Develop solutions to problems that may be outside the scope of current specifications and practices.
- Analysis of technical & quality problems relating to material and welding matters in manufacturing,
construction, installation & operation.
- Provide technical authority assurance role (TA/3) to the projects FEED, Detail Design (DD) Execution
and Operate phases.
- Minimum BSc or BEng level either in Metallurgy, Materials or Mechanical, or related degrees.
- Preferably with professional qualification in welding with substantial experiences in oil and gas industry
of which must have at least significant hands-on experience in welding related work.
- A completed Shell Group Competence Based Development profile consistent with the full Materials Corrosion & Inspection discipline requirements for JG-4.
- Experience in project work on a major project FEED, Detail Design and Execute phases.
- Experience in materials testing and qualifications requirements.
- Knowledgeable with onshore/offshore gas production facilities and processing systems.
- Knowledge level competency on ECA and AUT
- Experience with welding of metallurgically cladded, mechanical lined pipes and non-metallic pipes
- Material testing, including facture toughness and fatigue.
- Fracture mechanics and engineering critical assessment.
- Specification of material and fabrication requirements
- A basic knowledge of pipeline design and construction would be beneficial.
- Be able to challenge Project teams on assumptions to ensure risk assessments are credible.
- Pragmatic and innovative in providing ALARP solutions to the project.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and leadership/influencing skills