Where do you fit in
As Direct National Key Acct Manager you will support the Malaysia B2C Direct Sales team in setting
to support the Malaysia B2C Direct Sales team in setting the strategic direction to grow our lubricants business in the Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) and Motorcycle oil (MCO) segments in Malaysia, in line with ultimate growth potential.
You will lead the development and implementation of customer value propositions that differentiate our offers from competitors whilst at the same time coordinating the delivery of value-added activities by Sales, Technical, Marketing, and Supply Chain teams as well as integrating closely with other CoB such as Retail and Fuels.
Expect lots of support and encouragement while you're here. You'll be working alongside people who love what they do and enjoy sharing their enthusiasm with everyone around them. We value career growth. You'll have limitless opportunities to explore - whether that means building up new areas of expertise or taking in a different direction. What's the role?
As Direct National Key Acct. Manager, you will maintain and grow senior-level relationships with key decision makers within the OEM and Franchise Workshops in Malaysia, After Sales, and Marketing divisions to enhance loyalty to Shell. Selling & Negotiating
Customer Relationship Management
- Plan, monitor, and achieve individual sales targets (volume, margin, overdue)
- Display Flagship behaviors always and ensure Sales 1st basics are applied, such as pipeline management, SPANCOP, Call Reports, Key Account Plans, etc.
- Develop new opportunities with prospective customers independently and from leads developed through others
- Increase the value of existing Shell customers through cross-selling
- Carry out price negotiations with customers, preparing quotations and proposals and agreeing on all operational requirements (including price, contract, payment terms, and services).
- Develop deals that offer positive trade-offs in terms of cost and complexity to Shell versus value for the enterprise
- Establish, develop, and manage win-win customer relationships that deliver for both Shell and Customers' volume and profitability objectives
- Create a deep understanding of our customers, their needs, and structure.
- Make the best use of time through planning and prioritizing.
- Offer solutions to customer's problems and handle cross-channel/ OU conflict effectively and maturely.
Customer Value Proposition
- Achieve competitive advantage through applying a sound understanding of the market and external environment in the general economy and in particular motor vehicle sector
- Demonstrate an understanding of Shell's presence and capability outside the Lubricants market and present opportunities to the Line Manager when made aware of such by the customer.
- Develop and deliver compelling CVPs to differentiate our offers, justify price premiums and maintain customers in the fully synthetic portfolio and longer contract terms (where possible)
- In conjunction with Technical, showcase Shell's Technical Leadership by working closely with customers to look ahead (2-3 years) on type of lubricant requirements.
- Propose and sell marketing initiatives to new and existing customers against set targets as defined with the marketing team
- This requires working closely with Technical, Marketing, Pricing, and Supply Chain teams and project managing the delivery of a calendar of activities for key customers, as well as reaching out to other COBs to develop integrated offers (Retail, Fuels)
- Clearly communicate product features and instill confidence in our customers for our CVP
What do we need from you?
- Be responsible and proactive in HSSE issues that affects the individual, the office/field environment, and our customers
- Be accountable for your own development plan to continuously improve competencies.
- Adhere to financial controls and governance rules, such as PCN, MOA etc. and pro-actively align with Finance and Sales Support teams to ensure compliance and best practice contract management
- Adopt an Enterprise First Approach where crossline of business opportunities exist
- With a strategic sales background
- Proven experience in key account management
- Coming in with a Learner's mindset that is never afraid to challenge the status quo & with high adaptability capacity.
- Strong customer focus with an unbiased balance of the 'Enterprise First' mental model.
- Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships and work in a team-orientated environment.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia's progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia's future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing, and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
O Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World's first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
O Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell's strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell.An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficientlyAn Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
O We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
O We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
O We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identityA Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.