What's the role?
The role in effect has two main focus areas: (1) Upstream-IG Safety Adviser
As a Safety Adviser, the incumbent is expected to develop the competencies to provide maritime support and advice to the Shell Group Companies regionally in support of Shell's Powering Progress Strategy. This opportunity is an ideal role for a professional with Upstream or LNG experience, who has a passion for safety, and the ability to tackle engaging projects to enable success during a time of significant change for our industry
This is an opportunity to develop your knowledge of risk management and assurance activities and how they link to value generation for the asset, developing you into an expert who will help us manage current and emerging maritime risks. You will be challenged to review safety and assurance performance of assets around the region, identify trends and recommend areas requiring focused support.
As a Safety Adviser the incumbent will be accountable for delivery of the following:
(2) Upstream-IG Value Adviser
- Conduct performance analysis of assets and operators against assurance activities and identify trends
- Identify high risk areas of operation and develop measures to reduce maritime risk in our assets.
- Conduct incident and control/barrier reviews using causal reasoning
- Prepare and deliver awareness training related to Upstream, IG and P&T vessel maritime safety related activities
- Participate as a core member of the Global Spill Response Network
- Drive greater accountability for Partners in Safety within Upstream/IG and track performance of Partners against commitment
- Undertake various assurance activities related to vessels, ports, operators, or Shell businesses
As a Value Adviser, the incumbent is expected to collaborate with assets and develop integrated maritime solutions that generate value to deliver the energy of today and fund the energy of the future.
This is an opportunity to develop commercial, digital and CI skills in a primarily technical environment. You will be challenged to look at how to improve the way we work and collaborate across boundaries in an asset and across global teams.
As a Value Adviser, the incumbent will be accountable for delivery of the following:
What we need from you
- Provide commercial and logistics support to the Upstream and IG business.
- Interface with marine stakeholders internally and externally to ensure clarity and understanding of chartered vessel performance requirements
- Identify ways to obtain, process and automate data for use in enhancing value opportunities across the supply chain
- Work with Manage Supply Chain teams to further develop benchmarking of maritime operations and improve marine contracting
- Work closely with the shipping and maritime teams, understanding potential value opportunities and being able to translate this in to clear and simple business cases
- Conduct and facilitate CI engagements with assets to identify improvement opportunities
The role requires a combination of commercial, technical, and operational knowledge, coupled with strong analytical skills, specifically:
If you don't see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.Company Description
- We are keen to hear from women and men who have/have held rank as a senior officer (Deck or Engineering) or equivalent shore based maritime experience.
- The incumbent will possess a Commercial or Safety background, with an understanding of Marine operations in Upstream or Integrated Gas
- Data Analytics skills (Spotfire, Power BI, Power Query and Excel) would be highly beneficial
- An understanding of the Upstream or Integrated Gas supply chain and how the interdependencies create risk and opportunities for optimisation.
- The role is an individual performer, with extensive internal and external stakeholder management.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility and understanding of working with different cultures.
- Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset and ability to drive Efficiency through Cost Optimization proposals and initiatives
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.