Overview / Responsibilities
Wood (trading locally as WOOD KSS LLP) is currently looking for a Senior Piping Engineer to join our team in Atyrau (for KZ passport holders only).
We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible for design, specification and services related to piping/pipeline systems, overall plot plans, routing studies, and piping layout including piping material selection, piping material line classes, standard and specialty piping components. Also responsible for requisitions, bid analysis and coordination of project requirements with clients, consultants and contractors
- Under general supervision, independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations
- Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers and is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice
- Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget
- At this level, individuals will have to demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems efficiently and economically
- Requires the use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of the field and related disciplines
- To contribute inventions, patents, and new designs or techniques which are regarded as major advances or which significantly reduce professional service hours on projects
- To be responsible for leadership of a functional area on a small to medium project or a segment of a larger project. As the lead plans budgets, organizes, coordinates and controls the project and is responsible for employee performance appraisals and for coaching and developing lower level professionals
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in piping engineering
- Communication Skills
- Self starter
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.