Project Manager / Estimator
Under minimal supervision, responsible for the successful execution of all Project contract obligations and labor agreements. Ensures that all work is performed in a safe and productive manner and in accordance with the quality standards. Serves as the principal contact to the Client for all Project Operational issues and business development opportunities. Effectively manages relationships with local labor officials and/or key client stakeholders. Responsible for maintaining internal and external industry knowledge and best practices through continuous learning and development.
- Apply expertise to create financial and operational solutions that apply across multiple functional areas.
- Direct the resolution of complex business problems that cross functional lines.
- Develops business plans to achieve functional or cross-functional objectives.
- Identify business issues that may impact financial performance.
- Shape and integrate functional strategies.
- Attend all required external and internal site meetings.
- Leverages relationships with customers to support business needs.
- Negotiates and influences customers to set priorities and solidify relationships.
- Represents the project and the company to clients and maintains client relationships.
- Lead the Project Team in substantiating changes to the contract scope.
- Complete understanding of the Contract and the "as-sold" scope of work and budget and communicates them to the project team.
- Liaising with the client's team to ascertain contract time, cost and quality objectives, and organize resources and equipment accordingly.
- Support the proposal process upon request.
- Understand the contract documents (trade agreements, scope, specification, and exhibits) and ensuring all T's & C's are in place.
- Ensure all projects maintain budget and house estimated
- Establish a "Change Order and Delay" procedure to track during projects
- Develop project team effectiveness and collaboration.
- Participate in job walks, and lead project estimating efforts.
- Ensures that potential project scope, schedule or budget changes are immediately identified and addressed.
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds financial and cash management goals.
- Managing fieldwork within the budget.
- Managing scope of work by identification of change conditions or work outside of scope.
- Organizes work to meet deadlines set by clients.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls the project in accordance with AES established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements.
- Understand and manage Daily Burn Rates in dollars budgeted vs. actual.
- Understand and manage Project Metrics including production and productivity rates and factors.
- Establishes and monitors project safety and quality programs.
- Through active risk management, protects the Company from unnecessary risks.
- Work closely with the Quality Management Department; develop, track, update and report on the site quality control and assurance system.
- Advising senior management of issues and upset conditions.
- Develop, track, update and report on the detailed delivery and installation schedule and budget.
- Develops project review materials and financial forecasting, working with Project Controls.
- Provide all required internal and external site reports.
- Provides project staffing needs forecasting to senior management.
- Manage subcontractors, vendors, and 3rd parties.
- Deploy and manage resources to achieve financial and business objectives across multiple functional areas.
- Manages and deploys resources within and/or across multiple functional areas.
- Lead, develop and motivate the Project teams to meet the common company and project goals.
- Leverages the performance reviews to motivate employees and support achievement of objectives.
- Provides leadership, direction and coordination for all Project team members.
- Supervises daily activities of Project personnel including technical and administrative support and ensures. that deliverables are produced on schedule and within budget.
- Provides leadership and direction for multiple functional areas or regions
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.