PIPELINE CERTIFIED WELDING INSPECTOR Must be Local to Pennsylvania Area RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- It is the responsibility of the Certified Welding Inspector to be knowledgeable about the specifications covering the project under construction. This includes and references to codes, standards, etc. in other publications, e.g., API, ASME, ASTM, etc. The Welding Inspector's duties and responsibilities are to Review Construction Documents, Specifications, Drawings, Landowner Construction Provisions, Environmental Permits, Construction Permits and Safety Requirements/Plans and ensure that they are followed.
- The Welding Inspector follows the project welding specifications, project NDE procedures, and the Regulatory Standards and Codes. The welds are visually inspected and found acceptable per the latest edition of API 1104.
- The visual defects shall be recorded daily. The Welding Inspector shall be advised of rejected welds and their disposition. The Welding Inspector tests and qualifies per API 1104 Section 6 project NDE procedures and approved weld procedure qualified per API 1104 Section 5. This role also ensures that the proper welding procedure is used for welds (production, repair or any other joint design) that are required by project specifications and the alignment of weld joints, Welding and NDT procedures is done correctly according to the Company specific welding procedures and API 1104.
- This role also works alongside the NDE Technician to ensure x-rays are within code. The Welding Inspector follows up with the Contractor if excessive weld repair rate begins to occur. The Welding Inspector reviews NDE reports to ensure NDE report/reader sheet are correct and complete. This role also documents welding parameters of every welder to ensure welders are following weld procedure specifications. Welds are soft stenciled with the correct welder identification according to the project specifications.
- Strong knowledge in Upstream Oil & Gas Operations.
- Good teamwork capabilities, ability to work under pressure, responsibility and flexibility
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office and SAP MM and SAP FI/CO
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.