Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
We are looking for a Technology Governance Manager to serve as the expert and gatekeeper when dealing with vendors and licenses for Nabors. This is an exciting role that will be influential in assessing and managing vendors, providing supplier and product/licensing recommendations which can impact the entire company. You will be seen as the subject matter expert in handling our vendors or when our users have needs around licensing and will be instrumental in making sure we are effectively engaging with our suppliers. If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a fast- paced company and enjoy making an impact, this may be the role for you!
- Responsible for participating in strategic software, hardware, and professional services sourcing initiatives in a cross functional team environment that will include strategy, vendor selection, market intelligence, vendor due diligence, negotiations and contract execution on IT related purchases and renewals (this includes IT related software, hardware, communications, and professional services suppliers)
- Analyze and understand licensing terms, conditions, and product use rights and ensure compliance with vendor licensing policies and support software audits and remediation activities
- Support processes associated with software approved and unapproved lists, including handling of non-standard software requests, identification, and removal of unauthorized software, etc.
- Develop or enhance processes to provide visibility into software usage data to optimize our investment in software assets across the enterprise. In addition, identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services
- Utilize modern work tools for improved process efficiencies and reporting for licensing and compliance
ABOUT OUR TEAM
This role works within the Technology Governance department. The Technology Governance team is a collaborative and supportive group who values personal growth and open communication. We work closely with teams all across the company and get exposure to many tools and technologies.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in software compliance, contract negotiations or vendor management
- Sound judgment, tact, and analytical ability
- Takes accountability of delegated tasks and apply critical thinking to fulfill that task
- Demonstrate ability to effectively balance multiple responsibilities which may change
- Critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail and follow up
- Excellent documentation skills (processes, standards)
- Possess an understanding of software procurement, licensing, and software asset management practices across different technology platforms including PC's, servers, network gear, unified communications, and security appliances
- Knowledge of industry standards, best practices, and audit requirements
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- On-site gym and clinic to support your well being
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners and colleagues to each other
- Employee Resource Groups to meet and collaborate with other employees
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office and remote, to connect and have fun
- Career development guidance and planning
- Opportunities for learning and training
- New hire buddy programs
- Maternity and parental leave
- Volunteer initiatives to support our community
- Competitive salary and packages
- And much more!