Rotating / Senior Rotating Equipment EngineerTeam Recruitment Ltd Featured Employer
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Our client has a requirement for a Rotating / Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer on a contract basis.
Please note that this is an onshore PAYE role.
Accountable for implementing Rotating Equipment maintenance best practice. The principle objective of this position is to deliver flawless execution of Rotating Equipment maintenance focusing on continuous improvement in safety, OPEX reduction and equipment reliability. Accountable for providing front line technical support and management of the rotating equipment, the Rotating Equipment Engineer will support and provide ownership to all pump maintenance outages and modifications on the asset ensuring annual budgets are met. The role shall provide quality assurance that all onshore equipment repairs and offshore maintenance execution is carried out to the highest standard to avoid incidents and re-work.
Principle elements of the role or accountabilities:
• Provision of technical support that is in line with company and Industry standards
• Ensure a safe and environmentally responsible operation that supports our Licence to Operate
• Asset focal point for key Rotating Equipment vendors, direct liaison and interface to drive timely reporting, repairs and product improvements.
• Attend quarterly contract performance review meetings providing constructive input targeted at continuous improvement.
• Project manage rotating equipment major maintenance outages ensuring flawless execution against the project plan.
• Review vendor field service reports ensuring all relevant remedial actions are recorded and scheduled within SAP.
• Liaise regularly with condition monitoring engineers to ensure all machinery condition information is up to date and equipment health is understood and relevant remedial actions are scheduled accordingly.
• Involvement in contract tender and performance management discussions and improvements, as directed.
• Provision of updates to Asset activity plans within field, ensuring accurate inputs and outputs.
• Conduct regular equipment performance trending reviews, to ensure best process optimization, improvements and scheduling forecast for overhauls/interventions.
• Owner of critical asset equipment register, focusing on avoidance of single point failures and production optimisation.
• Responsible for relevant input into yearly budget compilation, and input into monthly management of budget forecasts.
• Responsible for ensuring correct and suitable stock levels are in place for all critical rotating equipment, with focus on cost reductions where applicable.
• Take a technical lead in assisting the asset identify threats and opportunities for improvement.
• Identify equipment reliability projects, update SORTER system and support MoC process.
• Offshore site visits to assist in identifying Rotating Equipment problems and implement improvements.
• Review and comment/approve Engineering Queries (EQ) where appropriate.
• Monitor site compliance with the rotating equipment maintenance strategies and request appropriate deviations to align with de-commissioning schedules.
• Attend equipment Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) where applicable.
• Take ownership and introduce where practical 'Innovation' and new ideas, into the assets with respect to Rotating Equipment design and maintenance to improve overall performance and reliability.
• Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by the line management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and in the incumbent is capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
• Emergency response duties as defined by company Emergency Response procedures.
• When required, deputise for Rotating Equipment Technical Authority if deemed competent and capable to fulfil the role.
• Delegate for additional asset Rotating Equipment Engineer roles as instructed by the management.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
• Ideally qualified at degree level or equivalent in Mechanical engineering
• Preferably Chartered Engineer and member of a recognized professional body.
• Relevant technical training across Rotating Equipment discipline.
• Project Management Experience / Training.
• Minimum 5 years Rotating Equipment experience