Category LeadTeam Recruitment Ltd Featured Employer
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are recruiting a Category Lead on a staff basis for our client in Aberdeen.
1. Develop and implement category strategies for Exploration / Offshore service categories. Perform assessments for the goods and services being evaluated, develop detailed supply market analysis, and construct cost models to facilitate long-term management of company spend.
2. Identify strategies to support the business needs in an ever-changing market and obtain internal stakeholder buy-in across all levels of the organization, either via tendering, direct commercial negotiation etc.
3. Identify and implement TCO reduction opportunities for the goods and services being evaluated. Optimize the total cost of the product or service by leveraging across markets, forming key supplier alliances, consolidating the supplier base, and exploring efficiencies involved in the supply chain.
4. Lead cross-functional teams on project-based initiatives to develop and implement key elements of category strategies.
5. Manage the competitive bidding process for multiple lines of services both locally and globally as part of strategic sourcing events, including supplier communications.
6. Oversee and construct comprehensive bid evaluation models incorporating pre-determined criteria and weightings, discounted cash flow analysis and input from Key Stakeholders.
7. Develop negotiation strategies by identifying and quantifying gives, takes and best alternatives.
8. Coordinate the preparation and execution of commercial agreements in a manner that ensures proper definition of the business relationship allocating / mitigating risk between company and the supplier. Ensure compliance with related policies and procedures.
9. Identify and monitor leading supply market indicators to proactively adjust category strategies.
10. Work with key Stakeholders and suppliers to create accurate material forecasts, placing orders to ensure adequate inventory and safety stock levels avoiding any operational down time.
11. Evaluate and test category levers, including pooled demand, standard designs/requirements, and supplier performance incentives to drive continuous improvement. Facilitate discussions among different functional and regional teams to uncover category insights beyond price.
12. Establish, maintain, and communicate an understanding of the client business unit, the relative importance of the materials and services required, and process improvement methods utilized to support Supply Chain initiatives. Maintain valuable local and regional supply relationships.
13. Interact with business units to ensure understanding and ownership is achieved on all commercial and project-based initiatives.
14. Understand and drive adoption of Purchase-to-Pay processes and systems.
15. Develop detailed contract management plans with input from Stakeholders to ensure adherence to commercial / technical requirements.
16. Drive Supplier performance management through measurement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), communication of operational performance and identification of areas for improvement.
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or relevant Business / Technical / Law / QS discipline.
• 3-5 years of strategic sourcing, category management or general Supply Chain experience within diverse industries / markets.
• Experience of oil and gas operations in category management / contracts environment, with knowledge and experience of subsea, projects, operations, engineering and logistics categories beneficial.
• Knowledge of category management, strategic sourcing processes, procedures & practices.
• Executed contract / commercial negotiations.
• Working knowledge of evaluation modelling experience, including cost/benefit and present value analysis.
• Excel knowledge and experience.
• Experience with SAP Ariba related to sourcing and contracts is preferred.