Senior Document ControllerTeam Recruitment Ltd Featured Employer
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are recruiting a Senior Document Controller for our client in Aberdeen.
This is a full time, hybrid, ongoing contract role.
Task management of the day-to-day document control workload to ensure information users can access and transmit information in a timely and effective manner.
Responsible for the implementation and enforcement of company procedures and processes within the team and to external suppliers. Also responsible for the provision of SME advice on the development of new or existing guidance or requirements to meet corporate IM/DM strategy.
• Manage and assist in the day-to-day workflow of vendor and internal document requests within the team (documents, drawings, work packs and CCHPs etc) in: McLaren and Internal systems
• Manage the process to upload documentation into McLaren in a timely and secure manner.
• Manage/maintain project MDRs and reporting from EDMS
• Process and issue cable/line tagging and document number requests
• Provide direction and training on company document control processes/requirements to Document Controllers, other departments and externally to key supplier
• Provide SME advice on the development of existing or new DCC processes, procedures, or systems
• Compile DCC statistics monthly or as frequency dictates
• Carry out compliance validation checks on DCC workload processed
• 3-5 years minimum experience within a document control environment
• A sound working knowledge of Information Management Systems including familiarisation with the extraction and manipulation of metadata and properties
• The senior document controller will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on both company processes and developments in the wider document control arena
• An understanding of the Upstream Oil and Gas industry, ideally from the perspective of an operator, including familiar terminology used in an Engineering environment
• Good computer skills, including MS Office with focus on Excel in particular
• A good understanding and experience of database management and operation
• Experience and or qualifications in Project Management (e.g., APM)