We are currently recruiting a Buyer for a 3 month contract in Aberdeen.
Perform purchasing activities for a wide range of global and locally sourced materials and services for assigned commodities, rigs and/or projects as applicable.
Ensure that all purchasing activity is completed in compliance with Company policy and procedures from approved suppliers in the most cost effective, efficient manner and at the highest quality.
- Responsible for maintaining key accounts with suppliers, sourcing and supplying goods from enquiry stage to dispatch, expediting, updating systems regularly and negotiating costs and discounts with suppliers.
- Provide an efficient cost-effective service to provide materials and supplies, including review of intercompany (corp. / regional / rig) material allocation next to purchase or rental.
- Ensure all purchase requisitions for materials, supplies and services are converted to a purchase order or agreement as appropriate.
- Follow up promptly clarifications and requests for information from suppliers or the rig.
- Make purchasing decisions based on benchmark prices and comparisons with costs, logistic and country import restriction.
- Ensure that all purchases of repairs, services and third-party charges comply with Company policies and procedures and rig standardization guidelines
- Responsible to perform expediting for overdue orders.
- Monitor and Tracking of Repair and Return (R&R) items and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Assist account payable with invoice discrepancies and ensure suppliers invoices are processed for payment in timely manner.
- Resolve any vendor invoicing and shipment discrepancies and negotiate acceptable and timely resolutions, escalating any complex issues to manager and internal clients.
- Review of SCM KPIs and prompt action to be taken to remedy areas that are not performing.
- Monitor vendor delivery performance and document any delays, quality non-conformance, quantity discrepancies and pricing issues.
- Participate in vendor assessments in accordance with Company policies and procedures and make recommendations as appropriate
- Develop knowledge on new laws and regulations, market developments and new products relevant to company operations.
- Provide procurement process and procedure guidance to Company departments.
- Follow and adhere to company purchasing policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with end users to explore opportunities for improvement in the purchasing
- process and compliance with company Purchasing Policy.
- Ensure sourcing and supply of all materials follows the company Purchasing Policy.
- Ensure the import of materials complies with applicable import customs regulations. And maintain an up-to-date knowledge of import - export requirements applicable to countries in which company operates.
- Prepare reports in support of purchasing activities.
- Correspond with the field on all purchasing issues to ensure effective communication.
- Identify and notify Supply Chain Manager of potential suppliers to be included in approved vendor list.
DESIRED QUALITIES / QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Maths & English or equivalent
- College - Vocational or Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or similar discipline preferred or equivalent experience at Company's discretion.
- Experience in a similar role in procurement/logistics within the oil and gas or related industry.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) with the ability to work with internal onshore teams and offshore personnel.
- Strong understanding of purchasing practices and ethics.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite application, particularly Excel.
- Working knowledge with procurement related systems.
- Excellent analytical skill, cost conscious, disciplined and organised.