Where you fit:
The purpose of this role is to manage the debt collection and cash allocation activities for the Thailand Commercial Fuels business. The role involves identifying shortcomings in current processes, systems, and procedures, and making suggestions to improve existing methods. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing debt collection activities and ensuring that customer debts are collected in line with contracted payment terms. This role requires a high level of negotiation skills and involves maximizing commercial opportunities while taking acceptable risks.What's the role :1. Debt Collection and Cash Allocation:
2. Data Analysis:
- Perform debt collection activities and ensure timely collection of customer debts in line with contracted payment terms.
- Adhere to the escalation process in carrying out the debt collection activities.
- Manage the release of credit blocked orders.
- Perform cash allocation activities and ensure timely allocation.
- Investigate payment discrepancy reasons if the customer fails to provide it in their remittance data.
- Perform accounts reconciliation when necessary.
- Negotiate and recommend refinancing of overdue debts.
- Recommend for credit line increase/decrease/revocation.
- Handle customer queries as well as that of the Customer Service Centre.
- Coordinate with Sales and the business account reviews on assigned portfolios.
- Maintain and foster good working relationships with Sales, the business, and with relevant FO business partners.
3. Process Improvement:
- Gather data, analyze and report findings.
- Conduct analyses to solve relatively standardized or repetitive information and data queries/problems.
- Support stakeholders in understanding analyses/outcomes, guides based on basic data analysis.
- Interaction with others demands influencing and persuasion in a tactful manner to obtain and understand the background of information.
4. Reporting and Analysis:
- Identify shortcomings in current processes, systems, and procedures and make suggestions and give input to improve existing methods, systems, and procedures.
5. Other Accountabilities:
- Perform reporting and analysis when required.
- Backup other countries when required.
- Provide out of office support during Saturday on a rotation basis.
- Follow Thailand Public Holiday.
- Maintain and submit quarterly provisions for all OUs in the team.
- Act as the focal for T&S when communicating with Business and internal/external legal parties.
- Recommend best action forward for accounts under debt recovery or already under legal.
- Degree in Accounting or any related Finance/Business course.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in performing call outs and other collection efforts to third party customers.
- Experienced and adept with SAP system.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, with very good attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Critical thinking and attention to details
- Independence and self-discipline
- Receivables Management: Skill
- Operational Credit Risk Management: Skill
- Business Acumen & Partnering: Skill
- Credit Policies & Compliance: Knowledge
- Manage Bad Debt: Knowledge
- Change Management: Knowledge
- Credit Risk Assessment: Knowledge