Overview / Responsibilities
Due to significant growth across our Power Solutions business Wood is recruiting a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to support our growing workload. The role is eligible for flexible working. Purpose of the Position:
Provide Geotechnical expertise across the PSUK construction and consultancy projects. Responsibilities and Duties:
Skills / Qualifications Essential:
- Provide technical input into proposals covering overhead line and cable construction projects
- Provide technical input into project delivery of overhead line and cable construction projects.
- Manage the interface between geotechnical engineering service providers, the PSUK Engineering team and our operational construction teams.
- Support construction technical queries raised to the engineering team.
- Ensure, as far as practicable, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and programme.
- Keep up to date with all technical quality management procedures, developments and specifications related to the discipline work scope.
- Experienced Geotechnical Engineer with evaluating ground conditions and developing strategies and specifications for undertaking site surveys.
- Conducting desktop evaluations of potential ground conditions from existing data sources and noting the risks and limitations from these assessments
- Awareness of Civil Construction techniques, particularly for temporary roads, foundations and excavations and the typical data requirements for the safe design and installation of temporary and permanent works.
- Awareness of key Health and Safety impacts from the installation of civil engineering works on construction contracts.
- Fluent spoken and written English language.
- Post High school qualifications in engineering, or applicable related, discipline.
- Ability to drive is beneficial
- Experience of working on power transmission projects.
- Site based experience supporting civil construction projects.
- Experience in working under CDM regulations as a designer.
- Degree Level education in geotechnical related discipline.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.