Overview / Responsibilities Project Manager (Expression of Interest)
Wood Process & Energy is seeking expression of interest for some experienced Project Managers with extensive EPC and EPCm experience in O&G/ Chemicals / Pharmaceutical / Petrochemical Projects. We are open for staff or contract basis and will be based in our Glasgow's office.
You will create delivery excellence across assigned project/portfolio, provide certainty and confidence to the client/project sponsor, and robust control of project scope, schedule, cost and risk.
Specifies and coordinates the implementation of a large or complex project or portfolio of small to medium sized projects. This includes responsibility for safe delivery, ensuring that quality, schedule, and cost/budget targets are met and for managing the associated risk. Responsible for delivery of project to agreed specifications, for managing change and client relationships, and ensuring appropriate reporting and governance is in place.
Accountable for delivering projects across multiple phases, for delivery of project to agreed specifications, for managing change and client relationships. Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined. Key Accountabilities &Responsibilities: Project Execution
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
- Negotiates changes to project scope or specification with the client. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve scope, budget specification and schedule modifications
- Establishes project procedures and prepares project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register
- Identify, pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalisation and technology use, work share and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Regularly reports project progress to senior management and/or the client
- Responsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, proactively intervening to avoid slippage
- Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution
- Participate in assurance activities and peer reviews
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Guides and directs a multi-discipline project team, which may include external specialists and involve staff from multiple offices and sites
- Responsible for ensuring project team members are competent to carry out assigned duties
- Promotes and sets up performance improvement culture and actions on complex projects and into their supply chains
- Facilitates the set up of information management systems / applications as applicable to suit various life phases of projects and manage information management project team
- Assess the scope, complexity and financial risk associated with the project and involvement in the negotiation of the terms, visibility of project in local community, and attracting the required staff based on their credibility and experience
Skills / Qualifications
- Passionately pursues and supports, demonstrates and embeds company values
- Is a champion and role model for ethical behaviour and compliance with applicable laws and policies
- Oversees proposals and call-offs (may be individual projects) within delegation of authority, ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical conduct
- Teaches and empowers others to make decisions within established parameters
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- University degree in relevant discipline.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management (APM) or equivalent certification is preferred but not essential
- Good level of experience in the related field, industry, and locations of the work
- Proven project management experience as well as a good understanding of business issues.
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and practices
- Thorough understanding of project goals, drivers and strategies
- Experience of developing and implementing measures of success and benefits on several projects.
- Knowledge of prioritising stakeholders and the development of stakeholder management plans
- Has interfaced with key stakeholders on projects to obtain, create and maintain requirements and acceptance criteria on several occasions.
- Good knowledge of industry and company risk management processes. Well versed in qualitative assessment methods and some knowledge of quantitative assessment techniques.
- Able to use common estimating techniques to derive estimates and costs on standard projects
- Good knowledge of contract models, conditions, types and their suitability in different situations
- Able to deliver effective project initiation on multi-phase projects and produce project execution plans
- Well versed in international and company quality assurance standards
- Knowledge of commercial and contract conditions applicable to the procurement of various types of goods and services.
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling techniques, their properties and uses.
- Good knowledge and experience in project monitoring and forecasting.
- Ability to manage change control process on project with several sub-contractors and interfaces.
- In-depth knowledge of all types of project information (deliverables) and its uses and capable of managing information management project team.
- Good knowledge of all handover and close-out activities required for customer, company and suppliers.
- Understanding of Cash Flow management as well as projection/forecast of cost at completion
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.