Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Weatherford Australia is currently seeking a Sr. Field Engineer - Completions
to provide testing, repairs, and routine servicing on equipment in the shop and the field. In addition, help generate business to increase revenues through sales of Weatherford products and services.
This is the senior level job for Field Engineer who independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, uses advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices to complete assignments.
This role will also work on major projects or several projects of moderate scope with complex features. The successful candidate is expected to review project documents for conformity and quality assurance and develops new techniques and or improved processes or materials, or products.
As a Sr. Field Engineer, you will act as technical specialist or advisor to management and staff, oversees junior level engineers in completion of their assignments, receive supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives and critical issues, new concepts and policy matters. Moreover, you are the key interface between Weatherford and the client at the job site, carrying the duties and responsibilities of completing a service job and managing a crew at the well site.
Responsibilities and duties:
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Test and maintain equipment in the shop and in the field.
- Provide onsite labour, when needed.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on company owned and rental equipment in the field.
- Assist in time, cost, and labour estimates for completion of job assignments.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Accurate and thorough completion of job reports in a timely basis.
- Assist in the shop and make deliveries when available.
- Assist Field Service Rep. IV when needed.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 2-5+ years related experience (Oil and Gas Service Delivery, Well Completions)
- Engineering degree. Preferred degree within Petroleum-, Mechanical-, Chemical- or Industrial Engineering
- General product knowledge in Completions but not limited to such :
- Open hole cages
- Down hole cages
- Flow control equipment
- Open cased hole
- Closed cased hole
- General mechanical ability
- Self-motivator, self-starter
- Good communication skills
- Based in Malaga, Perth
- Work hours - 8am - 4:30 pm
- Travel requirement as or when necessary (50% travel)