Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Principal Piping Engineer
to join our team in Perth, for an immediate start. T his is a long-term opportunity to join our expanding Oil and Gas Operations team, due to the recently securing several large projects with existing long-term clients.
Wood's Operations APAC (West) business delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation, and technical services to the Oil & Gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with the region's most prominent producers located in Western Australia, Northern Territory and Kazakhstan.
Reporting to the Discipline Manager - Mechanical & Piping (APAC West), you will be working across FEED / Execution to EPCM delivery, with a focus on design. Responsibilities
- Focal point for Piping engineering activities across the project life cycle (Concept, FEED, detailed design) to produce fit for purpose solution
- Produce cost effective Piping engineering reports, documents and deliverables
- Support and mentor junior engineers and designers
- Ensure all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Provide technical assistance to others as required.
At Wood, we look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive on-site gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs. Skills / Qualifications Candidates with full work rights for Australian locations are considered. This role is also an Australian Visa Sponsorship opportunity. If the successful candidate requires visa sponsorship / relocation, the business will work with the appointee to support visa and travel requirements, where possible.
Ideally, you will be suitably qualified with a Mechanical Engineering degree and have:
What will set you apart will be your LNG experience in the Australian O&G sector, strong work ethic and your ability to demonstrate successful project delivery.
- Extensive experience as a Piping Engineer with 14+ years in the Australian AND/OR Oil & Gas sector
- Experience in Offshore and Onshore site environments and site surveying / work scoping
- Experience within brownfield EPCM projects within the Oil & Gas industry is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with the client
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Familiar wit h Energy Institute Guidelines
- Knowledge of, and experienced in the use of ASME, API, and ISO codes and standards
- Knowledge of Pipe Stress Analysis and interpretation of report outputs
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply. If you are a Principal Piping Engineer with strong experience within the Oil & Gas brownfield sector, apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately after. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.