Where you fit in
Software Engineer is a key role within Sectors Decarbonisation & Global Lubricants Information & Digital Technology Service & Operations Management (SOM) teams that consists of fast-growing portfolios such as: Sectors & Decarbonisation, Strategic Ventures & Accounts and Data & Digital Products Operations.What's the role
As a Software Engineer, you will join our team that enables operational value through collaborative, cross-functional, business-driven opportunities for products developed through a unique approach of balancing human-centered and digital design with an Agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways.
What we need from you
- Ensure the performance, responsiveness, and availability of applications
- Proactively identify issues, troubleshoot, and escalate issues in real-time interacting with end-users and internal subject matter experts to minimize any business/value impact to the organization
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to perform operational tasks for the applications
- Operate and manage mission critical systems with scale, availability, and resiliency in mind.
- Help product development deliver new features to production with a high degree of quality and availability.
- Perform deep analysis of incidents and identify the root cause of any issue.
- Participate in on-call rotations and be available for issue resolution activities.
- Coach and mentor other Software Engineers in the team
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
- 5 to 9 years of experience of corporate IT Operations experience
- Experience with backend technologies such as NodeJS (Typescript), GoLang and GraphQL
- Experience with frontend technologies such as React and Swift
- Experience with database technologies such as PostgreSQL, CosmosDB and MSSQL
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Microsoft Azure/AWS, GitHub, Terrafrom, Jenkins, CircleCI, SonarQubem EFK Stack
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, coding, testing, and automation skills
- Passion for performance, accessibility, and reliability improvements
- Familiar with DevOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- A solid background in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture