Do you have a keen interest in the future of Energy? Are you interested in working with a global team of energetic individuals who work collaboratively across multiple countries? Then we've got the role for you!
We are looking for dynamic and experienced individuals to join our Shell Energy Asia and Regulatory Affairs (SEARA) Team and be part of Shell Energy Philippines to focus on growth, building a competitive and flexible portfolio, scale up operational capability, and drive energy initiatives. Where you fit in
Shell Energy Ambitions envisage trading a full range of gas/LNG and power products in new countries and being a leader in the provision of cleaner energy. Shell Energy Philippines is responsible for delivering these ambitions in the Philippines and its ambition is to build an integrated power business across P1, P2 and P3 offering cleaner and reliable energy to its customers.
Philippines's gas & power markets are liberalizing at a fast pace and the SEARA Team has been crucial in advocating for a fair playing field for new entrants, enabling SEPH to successfully commence participation in. Further success continues to be dependent on the effectiveness of continuous regulatory reforms, which present both opportunities and risks for SEPH.What is the role
You will play a critical role in enabling SEPH to further grow the integrated power business objectives across P1, P2 and P3 from regulatory affairs perspective.
You will be responsible for establishing, enhancing relationships and appropriately represent Shell with key external stakeholders (eg relevant planning bodies, regulators, ministries, industry associations and potential partners) and all other relevant external institutions (including financial institutions and energy/gas divisions of diplomatic business councils) as appropriate.
This role will require you to manage and build strategic and trustful relationships internally and externally.
In this role, you will:
What we need from you:
- Deliver an assessment of the regulatory barriers impeding development of a tradable gas/power market in Philippines, both within the gas/power sector itself, and within associated demand sectors.
- Develop appropriate regulatory/policy positions to overcome regulatory barriers related to market structure, infrastructure access, market design and pricing, among other issues. This will be carried out at both the national and provincial levels.
- Develop relevant local coalitions and alliances to progress regulatory reform; mobilize external sources of influence and financial support for the reform program from host government aid programs and relevant development banks.
- As the Regulatory Affairs Manager we will look to you to proactively identify, communicate and implement, internally and externally, influencing strategies for the formulation of new legislation and regulation.
- Develop and utilize effectively external relationships and liaise with authorities and peer companies on regulatory issues in pursuit of the Shell Energy Philippines strategy.
- Leverage Shell's senior leaders for engagements with government entities to promote Shell's leadership position in the wider gas/power scene.
- Establish and enhance relationships with key stakeholders in Philippines, both external and internal stakeholders. This includes regular engaging with peers and experts in other Shell entities in the world to leverage global best practices into SEPH, and vice-versa in sharing SEPH's experiences with others globally.
- Ensure that Shell has pride of place among peer companies as a 'trusted advisor' to key stakeholders in Philippines in issues related to natural gas, power trading, renewables, RECs trading, flexible generation assets, and other ancillary markets.
- Strengthen Shell's position as a credible sounding board for key regulatory matters with national and provincial regulators.
- Be the local focal point for SEPH's power (and other areas as may be required) regulatory related requirements and ensure timely reporting obligations including maintaining robust regulatory trackers.
- Extensive experience in Regulatory affairs, legal and/or commercial experience within Philippines gas/power market context is key. Challenge would be to develop and deliver actionable advocacy plans, and advice SEPH the specific steps required to achieve business ambitions.
- Experience working in large energy companies and the consulting, legal, finance or power sector, and having established networks with the relevant regulators is valuable.
- Prior relationships with external parties including gas/power exchanges, power supervision entities, major power market players, will be relevant.
- Practical experience of gas/power bodies and associations and ability to influence their charter will be highly relevant.
- This role would suit a determined, self-starter, and driven individual with real interest in knowing and influencing the power markets.
- Strong commercial acumen, willing to deliver in a collaborative manner, and takes a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills both internal and external.
- Articulate communicator and fluent in both Tagalog and English.
Shell Energy Philippines (SEPH) is a 100% Shell-owned, Philippines power marketing and trading business. Registered as a direct member of the Philippine Wholesale Electricity Spot Market (WESM),
SEPH looks forward to being a reliable partner for cleaner, flexible, and competitive energy solutions. With decades of experience as a power trader and wholesale supplier globally, we are keen to bring our expertise and understanding to develop customised energy offers for customers in the Philippines.
SEPH is part of the Shell Companies in the Philippines, a trusted energy partner that has been powering the country's progress for over a century.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell the kind of workplace that is flexible, appealing, and supportive for women. In effect, we have retained our title as a Top Employer for Women in the Times in 2017. Key to this achievement is our initiative to provide formal (and informal) flexible working arrangements for our women employees. Our global and transparent pay policies are also backed up
by a leadership team fully
At Shell, we support and enable remarkable people from every background, and strive to be a pioneer of LGBT inclusion in the workplace. When our employees excel, we excel. It's for this reason that we are proud to support our lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) staff, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. In 2018, Shell was ranked as one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ equality by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.