If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for Real Estate management this could be your chance to make your mark in the energy industry. You will develop in a supportive global company powering the lives of millions.Where you fit in
Real Estate (RE) manages the Group's Real Estate portfolio, Shell Business Operations and Corporate Travel programme. Strategic intent is to enable Shell Businesses to deliver on their goals by creating safe, secure, and productive environments that allow people to perform at their best.
The rapidly growing RE scope is one of the globe's largest RE portfolios and includes offices, industrial / labs and accommodation for Shell Businesses, Projects, and Ventures. With over 600 staff, 8000 contractors and $1.2 billion spend (OPEX/CAPEX), RE has a daily impact on over 82,000 employees and contractors by creating inspiring experiences. We contribute to Shell's world class investment case by driving a cost-competitive real estate portfolio, and more sustainable footprint through improved energy efficiencies and more renewable power.
Shell's RE team of professionals has established a strong reputation as a mature Corporate Real Estate organisation, delivering portfolio strategies, commercial transactions, capital projects, facility and business operations services and travel support to the various Shell Businesses and Functions in all parts of the world. Therefore, RE continues to seek the best talent across Shell to become part of our team, and to help us meet these dynamic and growing business needs. What's the role?
Within Real Estate, the Facility Management (FM) team is ultimately responsible to plan, manage and operate the site for the Businesses. This is done in a safe and competitive way, using fit for business processes and practices, and competent staff and contractors. The FM team provide and operate workplaces and facilities that enable the businesses to focus on their targets.
As Real Estate Change Management Advisor for the London campus, you will drive the stakeholder engagement for the site, delivering exemplary change management to 6,000 staff and contractors, bringing them on the change journey as the campus evolves to match the aspired Future of Work. This role will demand close cooperation with other Shell functions and business leaders and an awareness of external activity and industry best practice. The role will also own data analytics for the campus and help drive the optimal campus layout to accommodate ever-changing business needs.
The Real Estate Change Management Advisor is a key role in the FM team, offering the opportunity for the successful candidate to shape the whole team whilst developing and practicing a communications and change management skillset.
More specifically your role will include:
What we need from you?
- Owner of the stakeholder map for the London campus, including preparing content for, and liaising with, stakeholders at all levels of the business organisation.
- Owner of the campus change and communications plan, ensuring effective implementation
- Accountable for data analytics for the campus, using existing tooling and working with the Real Estate Organisational Effectiveness (OE) team to develop new, including implementation of sensors and reporting tool.
- Supporting management of the relationships with senior leader occupants of the campus.
- Providing visible safety leadership and management of local Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) arrangements to deliver Goal Zero.
- Deliver organisational effectiveness for the London team, to ensure effective operation and cohesion of the team; including development and monitoring of annual team plan.
- Support country-level stakeholder engagements, for example country leadership and growth business forums, including delivery of analysis and presentation materials.
- Carefully managing multiple stakeholders with various conflicting agendas and creating alignment with business leaders to understand the needs and advocate direction and develop change plans.
- Promote successes of the London FM and security teams to building occupants and wider RE, using tools such as Yammer and other globally available communications channels.
When it comes to nurturing collaborative stakeholder relations your excellent people skills will make a difference. You will inspire people to make changes that will have a direct impact on the experience of our staff and contractors.
Furthermore, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Real Estate, communications, or a related discipline
- Significant experience in oil and gas or corporate real estate related role
- Proven track record in business partnering, strong stakeholder relationships and management with ability to influence at all levels
- Proven experience in communications, leading and facilitating change, organisation development
- Proven ability to work with multifunctional team within and outside real estate team to deliver agreed outcomes
- External outlook awareness of relevant external trends and industry best practices
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills, ability to communicate credibly with stakeholders and senior management at all organisational levels
- Passion for ensuring we deliver value to the businesses, improve the experience of our colleagues in the workplace and comfortable to deliver results in a fast paced and everchanging work environment
- Learner mindset - role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes
- Create the environment for others to feel empowered to deliver high performance through clarity on intent, priorities, and outcomes
- Maximise performance - integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximise commercial value for Shell as a whole
We are keen to support flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. Flexible working includes, but is not limited to, part-time work, job share, and the occasional adjustment of start/stop times. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered (e.g. part-time, job share). If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they do not feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.More about Shell in UK
Shell is an international energy company that aims to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. It is one of the world's largest independent energy companies, operating in more than 70 countries.
Shell has a global target to become a net zero emissions energy business by 2050. This means that Shell aims to be net zero on all emissions generated by its operations and the energy needed to power them. The company is working with customers, business, and governments to address emissions across different sectors.
In March 2022, Shell UK announced an ambition to invest between £20 to £25 billion in the UK energy system over the next decade, more than 75% of which is intended for low and zero-carbon products and services including offshore wind, hydrogen, and electric mobility. These investments, which are subject to board approval, aim to propel the UK closer to net zero whilst intending to stimulate economic growth and jobs.
Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are one of the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.