Where you fit in
Shell Trading offers you the unique opportunity to join the Global Middle Distillates Trading Team and be part of its global trading network. The role is be based in Singapore as part of the Products Trading group and you will be primarily responsible for trading Middle Distillates (Jet and/or Gasoil/Diesel) in the Asia Pacific market. What's the role?
The successful candidate will be expected to:
What we need from you
- To responsibly grow and manage the Middle Distillate business, contribute to the Global Middle Distillates composite plan in addition to the wider Group targets through added-value activities.
- Work closely with the local and global team in formulating the trading strategies and executing it.
- Establishing customer relationships with other Asia Middle Distillates participants.
- Help optimize the existing Trading portfolio and manage arbitrage flows between the global offices, seeking out new business where possible.
- Be fully accountable for the profitability of a deal throughout the life of the deal.
- Constantly seek to improve and optimize existing supply flows and devise/implement new value propositions.
- Gather and share valuable market and competitive intelligence across product groups and locations.
- Working closely with our internal regional stakeholders on supply and sourcing strategy.
- Manage the details of complex price exposure correctly and skillfully.
- Developing new markets in Asia, in close cooperation with Business Development and other Trading desks.
- Supporting Shell's regional businesses to help them achieve their growth and profitability goals.
The ideal candidate applicant is expected to have:
If you don't see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.Company Description
- At least 3-5 years of front line trading experience with a proven record of P&L accountability and confidence to perform. A manufacturing or supply chain background would be advantageous but not essential.
- Consistently demonstrated strong commercial acumen and astute focus on bottom line profitability, inquisitive, with the ability to analyse and drill into details
- Highly numerate with good analytical capacities and have a healthy appetite for risk and be creative in identifying, assessing, and delivering opportunities.
- Collaboration and team player with leadership skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, effective communication skills to influence with all levels in the organization and across cultures. Demonstrated successful record in interacting and managing customers and other stakeholders (both internal and external to Shell) with good outcome in negotiating, concluding and operating deals and partnerships.
- Independent, self-starter attitude, strong work ethos and professional maturity are necessary to succeed in this role.
- Strong desire to develop their career in a fast-paced and evolving commercial environment
- Resilience and balanced self-confidence,
- Results driven attitude with a sharp focus on meeting goals
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.