Shell Products & Chemicals is going through a major transformation in the coming decades as part of the Shell group Energy transition to achieve net zero CO2 emissions. The plans have been developed to drastically reduce emissions in the short term and at the same time meet the financial goals of the Chemicals and Products business.
The Shell Energy and Chemicals Parks is therefore looking for enthusiastic, commercial, and capable candidates to give concrete substance and solutions to the transformation, in an increasingly challenging market environment. What's the role?
This posting is for a Contracting and Procurement Lead for the Projects and Turnarounds (TA) portfolio supporting the Chemicals and Products business at the Shell Energy & Chemicals Parks (Pernis & Moerdijk), whilst working closely with counterparts in North West Europe (Germany).
The Contracting and Procurement Lead is viewed as a key commercial position and is accountable for ensuring that sites are optimizing non-hydrocarbon 3rd party spend, where appropriate across the North-West Europe ("NWE") region (includes Pernis, Moerdijk & Rhineland Sites). This role requires the ability to effectively define demand, establish and manage lean, reliable, and sustainable supply chains, drive commercial innovation, and create the optimal commercial framework to structurally reduce non-hydrocarbon related 3rd party costs at the site.
As a Contracting and Procurement Lead, you are required to work collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including global category teams and implement, where appropriate, global agreements.
This role offers the opportunity to drive change, both in the internal ways of working (high focus on increased E2E-view and integration) as well as in the management of core suppliers, ensuring we have or choose the right "partners for the future" who will support in structural value-generation while embracing the NWE Chemicals & Products Transformation agenda.
What we need from you
- Manage the combined medium to large complexity projects and / or turnarounds portfolio across both Pernis and Moerdijk sites
- Ensure commercials models in place for the Project and Turnaround portfolio as well as further related categories in scope are robust and optimized, taking full advantage of 40:40:20 (Demand/Specification/Price) levers and the key Project and Turnaround value drivers
- Drive long term allocation plans to secure capacity for TA events in a competitive manner - taking a longer-term market strategic view enabling capacity in resource constraint market against optimal cost
- Act as the thought-leader / indirect team lead within the Turnaround ("TA") Category Team, ensuring objective-based and effective collaboration between different members of the team (Local Supply Chain and Hub Team)
- Replicate best practice from other businesses and locations within Shell & externally within the site. Key focus in fostering & driving potential synergies at the North-West Europe level
- Act as the key commercial and business interface on a day-to-day basis with business stakeholders and ensure local business needs are met, ensuring "security of supply" whilst optimizing and driving down Total Cost of Ownership
- Model excellence in pre and post award category and commercial contract management. Coach site contract management teams to drive safe operational and commercial outcomes
- Lead the change management effort to implement new strategies and tools implemented at the site by engaging with relevant business stakeholders, (focus on innovation, campaign supply chains and sustainability to support Shells energy transition)
- Develop and own end-to-end contracting process, which includes negotiating contracts and managing the contracts post-award, in line with Shell Compliance requirements
- Develop implementation plans for new contracts, including localization of global agreements
- Deliver cost improvement by developing and implementing regional Supply Chain strategies and implementing the regional component of global strategies
- Support Global Category Manager in implementing the Global Category strategy within the site, where relevant and in a fit-for-purpose manner and maintaining business stakeholder support
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the relevant markets
- Conduct bids, on-line bids, negotiations and manage subsequent supplier performance
- Manage supplier relationship including the resolution of operational and supplier performance issues ("claims") relating to the contracts
- Ensure contracts can be operationalized effectively within the context of the standardize RtP (Requisition to Pay) and procurement process
- Improve both contract and supplier management
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset within the broader team and with the stakeholder community and with suppliers
- Bachelor's degree (min) in Supply Chain Management or related field
- Experience gained in an operating plant environment or having supported customers in a plant environment where most contracts are of high Health, Safety, Security, Environment (HSSE) risk category, experience in Manufacturing / Engineering / Construction or Brownfield Project environment is considered a plus
- Brings a solid understanding of global, regional, and local market dynamics especially in the Technical Projects and Turnaround categories of spend
- Experienced in driving continuous improvements that led to elimination of waste in the business
- Knowledge in the overall Manage Supply Chain process and ability to translate this into clear value-driven deliverables is considered a plus
- Experience having developed and executed Technical Project / Turnaround and / or category strategies that led to significant cost reductions
- Brings a track record of having executed commercial and innovative deals
- Experience with defining scope and developing CP strategies aligned with site business plans
- Possess a deep understanding of site commercial priorities and shapes work plans accordingly
- Experience in building and sustaining healthy commercial relationships with key suppliers and value chain partners
- Strong and proven interpersonal, influencing & stakeholder management skills
- Be an effective and clear communicator able to manage conflicts in a sensible, fair and efficient manner
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams across geographical boundaries is considered a plus. Ability to lead teams in a matrixed organization with no line management accountabilities
- Basic GSAP / Ariba knowledge, procurement / sourcing process knowledge
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone applies when they don't feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply.Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.