What is the role
This role sits in the Power Scheduling group, which handles wholesale scheduling of energy across the US for SENA. This is a role that is responsible for a variety of tasks helping both the front and back office. The selected candidate will serve as a regional Subject Matter Expert for West power markets, working with various groups across the organization. The successful candidate will take ownership in the resolution of internal and external customer issues and inquiries including but not limited to: help validate P&L with Traders and Risk, help validate charges/revenues, ensure systems are settling properly, reconcile allocation data between system and 3rd party vendor.
- Lead focal point for CAISO (California Independent System Operator) analysis & settlements
- Maintain ISO settlement validation during market simulation and production
- Be a focal point for Internal discrepancy resolution
- Become a subject matter expert for CAISO settlements and dispute resolution
- Develop and present comprehensive ISO settlements training for Trading, Customer Support and Customers
- Provide analytical support and cost analysis for ISO charges on trades to assess business impact and new trading strategies
- Maintain and validate CAISO and AESO settlements and resettlements via reconciliations
- Work with IT support groups to maintain system mappings and troubleshooting/testing
- Work with a team to help schedule Shell's physical power portfolio in the Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC)
- Work with Group to ensure trading/scheduling system availability and reliability as well as direct enhancements as needed to increase productivity and business throughput
- Work with multiple groups to ensure accuracy of day to day and monthly positions within the systems
- Maintain and share knowledge of market rules in various regions.
- Work schedule is 5x8
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business-related field of study
- 3 or more years of relevant experience required
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail required
- CAISO and settlements experience preferred
- Electric or commodity market experience preferred
The base salary range for this position is $101,000.00 - $151,000.00 per year. Individual pay will be based on various factors, such as relevant work experience, education, certifications, skill level, seniority, and internal equity.Company description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.