Full-Stack Software Engineer (Go, Angular) Location:
Abingdon, United Kingdom About SLB:
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet.
At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that's been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world's greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world's growing energy demands. We're working on that answer. Every day, a step closer.
Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It's what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
Our team of software domain experts invents, designs, and applies disruptive cutting-edge technologies to enable our customers to increase reliability, efficiency, and integration. Throughout, we maintain agile methodology and skilled development processes.
Currently, we have the fifth largest super computer infrastructure in the world, comprising more than 65 petaflops of processing power. You will join a team of software experts with a variety of core competencies such as Internet of things (IoT), user experience (UX), data analytics, and web and mobile front-end development, back-end development, SRE, Cloud engineering. Keeping pace with and applying the latest digital technology trends in the energy industry will be your focus. About the role:
Carbon Capture and Storage is a growing field currently transitioning from first-of-a-kind projects to becoming mainstream as the world strives to meet net-zero goals. At SLB, we are driving forward the future of Carbon Capture and Storage by enabling our clients to design and operate carbon capture and storage facilities at the lowest cost, always at the forefront of modeling capabilities.
We are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Developer to join our Carbon Capture and Storage team, who will design, develop, test and support operations of some of our Software as Service products. The focus of the team is the delivery of a leading commercial Software as Service product to help experts in the sustainability sector plan the development of their carbon storage assets.
This work requires the successful applicant primarily to be experienced in Angular for front-end development and back-end development (with C++ or C# or preferably Go).
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to:
Essential Skills & Experience
- Design and develop apps and workflows.
- Build automated tests and own source code quality.
- Contribute to the automated deployment and build.
- Support the software reliability engineering and contribute to the software operation.
- Participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, code and other SCRUM ceremonies.
- Create and maintain app/workflow documentation.
- Share expertise throughout SLB and expand his/her informal network.
- Identify and keep abreast of new technical concepts in Full Stack Development.
Exposure to any of the following would be advantageous:
- Multiple years of commercial experience developing back end software in C++ or C#, or preferably Go
- Multiple years of commercial experience of using Angular (v7 and above)
- Multiple years of commercial experience developing microservices (APIGEE or other)
- Experience with SRE based operation and continuous integration and deployment
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be involved and deliver in all aspects of the software development cycle (design, development, automated testing, automated deployment and build, software reliability engineering and operation support)
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Ability to combine technical skills and design sensibilities
- Experience with Cloud platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform & Microsoft Azure) and Openshift
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with container platform and orchestration
- Experience in scripting
- Degree or higher qualification in either Computer Science, or Mathematics, Science or Engineering Discipline with programming experience.
BlueFlex: We are open to flexible, hybrid working with a combination of on-site & home working days.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on life at our Abingdon Technology Centre, check out our YouTube channel ( company website