Customer Application Engineer- Centrifugal CompressorsAre you a customer-oriented Engineer motivated by deriving solutions?Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy technology company?Join our IET Process Solutions Team!
At Baker Hughes our purpose is clear; We take energy forward making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Our IET team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy.Partner with the best
The Centrifugal Compressor Application Engineer leads the technical strategy of Baker Hughes offering in agreement with the project team/functions. They are the main technical interface between customer and BH during the ITO (Inquiry to Order) phase. The key role of this engineer is to translate customer's needs, detailed in the RFQ (Request for Quotation), into the most competitive technical solution leveraging GC and Auxiliaries product portfolio and technology and negotiate with Customers clear and accurate technical contracts.
As a Customer Application Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Developing Centrifugal Compressor technical proposals, to include compressor selection and performance calculations, rotor dynamic calculations, cost estimation, scope identification, deviations to client specifications
- Utilizing knowledge of applicable API specifications for Centrifugal Compressor, driven equipment, and related auxiliaries such as API 617, 614, 613, 671, 670 etc.
- Managing compliance to customer technical specifications and identify deviations to ensure the technical aspects of a proposal are complete and compliant with the customer's requirements and present our solutions in the most competitive way
- Ensuring accuracy of the scope of supply and costs of proposed solutions
- Participating from a technical perspective in Customer presentations, discussions, negotiations, conferences, and all front-line marketing / sales efforts
- Coordinating with multi-disciplinary team such as Engineering, Supply chain and external vendors to ensure timely flow of information
- Working with the Region Commercial team as a key partner in the strategy development to create winning proposals, providing technical expertise in analyzing region Customer's needs and selecting, implementing and developing the most competitive technical solutions
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with a degree in Engineering or technology
- Have 3+ yrs of proven experience in sales or commercial, project management within the Oil & Gas industry
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Show proven communication and skills to work with cross function departments in a global company
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Flexible working environment including work f lexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.