Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Duties & Responsibilities Purpose
The Senior Electrical Engineer position will use broad technical skills to oversee and lead scopes that involve electrical and fiber optic cable and its terminations, maintains design rules, leads R&D projects, consults and sets direction on new cable designs required for client projects, supports supplier qualification and new product assessments. Functions
The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
- Perform conceptual and detailed design work, engineering calculations, and analysis in support of the development of
subsea/offshore systems, including the design of Low, Medium and High voltage cables.
- Review the work carried out by other Electrical Engineers.
- Prepare technical procedures for assembly, testing, and operations.
- Study, interpret and implement requirements from industry codes and regulatory authorities.
- Create Qualification Test Plans/Reports compliant to industry standards for New Product Development.
- Perform Power/Electromagnetic Analysis of Low Voltage/Medium Voltage/ High Voltage Systems as per industry standards. Harmonic studies of electrical systems.
- Perform Transmission Line studies; Load Flow Analysis; Interactive Current/Thermal studies, comparison of test data with the analysis data and create technical reports.
- Work with Sales/Proposals Engineering and Project Engineering & Management to support bids.
- Interface with Clients, both internal and external, to clearly define requirements and provide robust technical solutions.
- Develop professional relationships with key vendors for this discipline which would include but not limited to suppliers of: HV/MV cores, LV cables, fiber optics, copper conductors, EC and FO connectors, and any vendor falling under the electrical/fiber optic cable discipline. Use these relationships to help develop and improve overall design and procurement process.
- Work with sub-contractors and Oceaneering personnel to qualify splicing techniques.
- Evaluate and source testing and manufacturing equipment.
- Support the global supply chain in assessing and qualifying new suppliers, materials and products.
- Lead (or participate as a team member) on strategic development projects aimed at reducing overall COPQ, decrease overall cost, improving throughput.
- Adopt and maintain a strong, ever-present and overriding culture of safety in all facets of professional activities and actively help manage and promote Oceaneering's HSE policies and practices.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of Oceaneering's products and/or processes.
- Support the execution of Product and/or Process Improvement Projects, as necessary.
- Prepare reports and presentations on the status of the design and development process for discussion with management and/or team members
- Direct research on emerging technology trends and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Travel may be required of this position on an infrequent basis.
- Support/Mentor/Coach team members as necessary and appropriate.
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions.
- Effectively use all systems related platforms to manage the fundamentals of the role.
- Provide meaningful data to the business leaders to drive improvement and align with the strategic direction.
- Support the customer satisfaction and loyalty processes.
- Support the organization's drive towards excellence in Health and Safety performance.
- Consistently display required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Carry out any other duties/tasks/requests in accordance with our business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering .
- A strong candidate with a non-degree qualification may be considered for this position providing they can demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 5 years of past experience working on related field.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret electrical schematics, technical procedures/reports, governmental regulations, client specifications, and industry specifications.
- In depth understanding of electrical cable design, specifications and manufacturing.
- Ability to write technical procedures and reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong presentational, oral and written communication skills. Ability to form clear, structured arguments and reasoned justification to influence, direct and guide at all levels.
- Knowledge of the following industry codes: API 17E, ICEA S-95-658, ISO 13628-5, IEC 60502, IEC 60840, IEC 63026, etc.
- Experience in Process Improvement and Product Development
- Familiarity with Electrical Analysis Tool (Cable design, thermal and electrical magnetic analysis)
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.