If you are an experienced Manager, Equiptment & Maintenance looking to enjoy work-life balance, then please read on...
Precision Drilling has an opening for a Manager, Equipment & Maintenance, eager for fresh challenges and development toward potential future career growth as our business continues to innovate and grow.
Working for Precision Drilling means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a strategic player in Precision Drilling's future. We are a large company with a family feel, where you will collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the organization.
Combined with a competitive remuneration package, you will enjoy the advantages of:
A comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, Pension match, and long-term disability coverage.
- A casual work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life!
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- Precision has a competitive vacation and PTO offering including afternoons off before a long weekend.
Reporting to the Operations Support Manager, the Manager, Equipment & Maintenance will:
- Managing and supervising the maintenance staff ensuring that all requisite tasks are handled quickly and efficiently within budget restraints;
- Responsible for setting equipment maintenance practices and procedures;
- To research new equipment pros and cons and to establish to provide management with feasibility research;
- Establishing repair frequencies, based on equipment wear and useful life vs. costs of repair;
- Responsible for maintaining adequate equipment spare levels;
- Detecting faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations;
- Responsible for department HSE adherence and ensuring compliance with Precision's safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas;
- Coordinating and monitoring contractor activities for projects;
- Updating project information and maintaining project files;
- Supporting department management, project managers and consultants as required;
- Updating and maintaining information in Precision's records systems and department databases;
- Keeping current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly;
- Working closely accounts payable, prepare monthly reports and budgeting; and,
- Maintaining strong relationships with other operational groups to ensure business goals and objectives for Precision are being met.
Knowledge & Skills
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
Ability to multi-task, find solutions and establish priorities;
Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility;
Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills; and,
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
High school diploma/GED Completion.
10 years experience working with drilling rig equipment.