IRC223157 - SENIOR NAPHTHA TRADER
, we are looking for a Senior Naphtha Trader
in 10 Ebury Bridge Rd, London SW1W 8PZ,
ETB offices. You will be responsible for t rading of physical oil products (naphtha and/or condensate) and associated derivatives and managing price risk exposure on the trading book. About ETB
Eni is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transportation, refining, petrochemicals and marketing of crude oil and petrochemical products and natural gas. A leading international upstream Player but also Europe's largest natural gas Company. Since November 2010, Eni has decided to integrate its entire oil commodities trading activities into one Company, Eni Trade and Biofuels (ETB), to create a leader in the global oil commodities trading area and a global centre of excellence for Eni's trading and commodities risk control. Eni Trade & Biofuels is responsible for commodity trading, as crude oil, oil and petrochemical products and related derivatives with offices in London, Rome, Houston and Singapore. The integration of the oil trading activities into ETB enables Eni to capture additional business opportunities in a market which is becoming more liquid and integrated across different commodities.
In keeping with Eni's overall strategy in respect of the global energy transition, starting from January 1, 2021, Eni Trade & Biofuels SpA ("ETB"), fully owned by Eni SpA, will be the sole entity responsible for the international trading of crude oil, petroleum products, biofuels and related financial derivatives for the Eni group. In particular, ETB will be responsible for marketing Eni's oil equity productions, sourcing hydrocarbon and bio feedstock and marketing the resulting productions of its traditional and green refineries and of its petrochemical arm Versalis.
ETB's activities further include the sourcing and management of maritime transportation and logistics services, and the provision of oil risk management services, for itself and on behalf of the whole Eni group, by trading commodity derivatives on the main regulated and over the counter markets. ETB's integration with the wider Eni businesses ensures a global and integrated approach that is further reinforced by Eni's relationships and broad portfolio of global assets.
ETB is present in the Uk, in Italy, in Singapore and through a subsidiary, in Houston - USA. As a member of the trading team at ETB you will be responsible for
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements
- Negotiating and concluding market transactions on a spot/term basis within an agreed strategy to generate value for ETB;
- Ensuring that the oil production of Eni's upstream affiliates is sold to the best buyer;
- Locating and acquiring optimal feedstock for Eni's refining and petrochemical system;
- Locating and selling Eni's refining and petrochemical system products to the best buyer;
- Developing an asset backed trading strategy wherever Eni runs productions/assets
- Providing insight and support to the development of the long-term light products trading strategy for ETB.
- Maintaining regular communication with products traders in Houston and Singapore to identify and execute arbitrage opportunities.
- Developing and executing physical and financial light products trading strategies;
- Building and maintaining key relationships with other trading companies, refiners, petrochemicals, and producers.
- Developing and presenting analysis to management to support future trading positions;
- Tracking and communicating the developments in the market and relevant market intelligence, including supply and demand balances and competitor activities to other traders of the team;
- Supporting the origination team in developing long-term asset and contractual positions in line with the ETB long-term crude trading strategy;
- Liaising with charterers in shipping and operations to ensure all physical movements are executed safely and efficiently;
- Guiding and mentoring the Trading Analysts dedicated to the oil products trading team
- Upon conclusion of any transaction, to enter all the details into the internal trading system in a timely and accurate way;
- Ensuring all trading activity is always carried out in compliance with all relevant policies and regulations and principles of Eni;
- preferred Educational Qualification is a degree (with preference for numerate subject such as Engineering, Mathematics or Economics);
- experience in supply and trading.
- experience with derivative instruments for hedging.
- knowledge of market fundamentals and market analysis.
- experience of refining, petrochemical and upstream operations and processes considered as beneficial.
- knowledge of IT standard software and software dedicated to the trading activities.
- full command of English language (written & spoken); knowledge of any other language would be beneficial.
ETB offices at 10 Ebury Bridge Rd, London SW1W 8PZ Contract type:
At Eni we believe in enterprising people, capable of making a difference and making their contribution with passion and innovation, to respond to the global challenges of the energy transition. For us, the skills and attitudes of each individual , continuous training , and diversity and inclusion are fundamental. We promote flexible ways of working with particular attention to well-being, welfare and work life-balance.
Eni will evaluate applications considering plurality and diversity as sources of enrichment. If your application is assessed to be among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Whatever your ambition, at Eni you can find the tools to make it happen. Energy for action takers