Are you a business professional with relevant experience in emergency and continuity management?
Do you enjoy working in an environment based on compliance and standard best practices?
Do you happen to be looking for a new opportunity where you can apply current skills and knowledge as an asset, while learning from other professionals within the Oil, Gas & Pipeline industry?
If you answered YES to any of the above, then I may have a great opportunity for you! One of our highly valued Oil & Gas, Pipeline clients are seeking a Senior Business Continuity Advisor to become a member of their team! This is a long-term contract position located in Calgary, AB.
If you or anyone you may know has further interest in this opportunity, please don't hesitate to apply or send a resume directly to email@example.com . I look forward to connecting shortly with the finer details!
This Senior Business Continuity Advisor reports to the manager of Corporate Security & Emergency Management in the Safety, Security and Emergency Response (SSER), Enterprise Risk & OMS department, of the clients External Affairs Division. The Senior Business Continuity Advisor is responsible for ensuring Emergency & Continuity Management Program (ECMP) activities are completed including application of all Standards and the activities outlined within. They ensure that the ECMP is fully functional and in a state of readiness to respond and recover.
Summary of Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide guidance and direction to Business Units (BUs) and Service Units (SUs) in the areas of emergency and business continuity management, with a focus towards business continuity, ECMP documentation and program continuous improvement activities.
- Conduct risk assessments, business impact analysis, and recovery strategy design workshops across the business.
- Leveraging insights from business impact analyses work with key stakeholders to design recovery strategies and implement solutions.
- Liaise with stakeholders across the organization (operations personnel, business unit leaders, corporate service units) to ensure fulfilment of business continuity mandate.
- Manage and coordinate the development, maintenance, and distribution of business continuity plans (BCPs).
- Develop annual schedule to ensure all BIAs and BCPs are reviewed and updated annually, or as required, to ensure compliance.
- Serve as the clients business continuity expert advising the business on best practices and ensuring culture of resiliency.
- Development and maintenance of business continuity tools to ensure optimization of data collection and continuous improvement efforts.
- Coordinate with operations staff to ensure BCPs meet the needs and expectations of personnel.
- Identify and utilize relevant expertise from other disciplines within the client or qualified external SMEs to support business continuity activities.
- Support Emergency Management functions within the Department such as projects, planning, preparedness, and emergency response as required.
- Attend and participate in training and exercise events to ensure business continuity is represented and ensure continuous improvement and effectiveness of the BCPs.
- Support ECMP training and exercise activities, as required.
- Ensure training and exercise related action items pertaining to BCP development, maintenance, and tracking are addressed, as required.
- Participate in post incident reviews, as required.
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of the ECMP documents.
- Provide support, guidance, and direction to Business Units and Service Units related to business continuity standards.
- Complete individual administrative tasks, as required.
- Participate on the Emergency Management On-call roster, as required.
- Participate on the Incident Technical Response Team (ITRT).
- Participate and support an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
- Minimum of five years business continuity experience preferably in the oil and gas, petrochemical, natural resources, utility, or public sectors.
- Experience conducting business impact analysis, facilitating risk assessments, and executing business recovery activities.
- Substantive experience in the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of Business Continuity Plans.
- In-depth knowledge of ISO 22301 and BCI Good Practice Guidelines (2018).
- Working knowledge of emergency management, crisis communications, enterprise risk management, and disaster recovery.
- Experience with management systems including the development and maintenance of program plans and supporting documentation.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- CBCI or DRI Certification or other applicable professional certification is an asset.
- Highly organized, capable of multi-tasking projects in a fast paced, time sensitive team environment.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and project management skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint and working knowledge of Power BI, GIS, and SAP is an asset.
- Well established communication, workshop facilitation and presentation skills; and
- Ability to consistently identify improvement opportunities and the initiative and courage to implement them.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.