Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Co-op Summer Student,
located at our Trail office in British Columbia.
Reporting to the Engineering Department Manager, this role has responsibilities to support our Engineering and Design team on a wide variety of industrial projects.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you!
Our Trail office currently numbers over 50 engineers, designers, and support personnel. Trail, located in Southeastern British Columbia near the cities of Rossland, Nelson and Castlegar, is an affordable family-oriented community of approximately 10,000 people. The area offers excellent education and health care facilities, as well as access to world-class skiing at Red Mountain, hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, golf and all outdoor activities available in the Kootenays. Come work where most people dream of going to play! The Wood Trail office is currently offering a hybrid working environment, with your work week split between attending the Wood Office and working from home. This situation is subject to change and is dependent on project requirements, office plans, and Wood policy changes. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Providing assistance with engineering design on light to heavy industrial projects
- Learning and understanding work process flows as well as engineering protocols.
- Preparing simple plans and reports; including, related engineering calculations
- Carrying out straightforward specifications under the supervision and guidance of senior personnel
- Assisting more experienced technical personnel with specific aspects of project work
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Engineering in a recognized University in Canada
- Experience and knowledge of engineering design packages such as AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Candidates will be expected to have a strong academic record.
- Demonstrate leadership through work experiences, volunteer roles, community activities.
- Confident and willing to learn.
- High degree of energy and initiative which would be demonstrated through school and community participation.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Team player, with the ability to build and maintain working relationships.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.