Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Process & Energy is recruiting an experienced Senior Project Engineer to support the development of a number of projects in the Oil / Gas, Chemical and Petrochemical sector. We are open for staff or contract basis and will be based in our Northop's office.
This is a key role that encompasses work management for quality & Timely Delivery, to the satisfaction of both internal and external customers. In addition, the role requires a level of cost estimating experience and a working knowledge of both AACE and ACCE tools and best practice.
The responsibilities for this role can vary considerably depending on scope and size of Project, a mixture of onshore and offshore experience across the sectors identified is essential. The typical responsibilities are shown below.
Skills / Qualifications
- A strong and developed sense of health and safety within the working environment and in the design process
- Contribute and participate in the maintenance of safe working practices and the assessment and mitigation of safety issues through effort and reviews in design
- Lead multi-discipline work packages in accordance with the requirements of quality and environmental management systems qualified to ISO standards
- Be able to manage work scope and interfaces between all engineering disciplines to ensure the successful delivery of assigned work packages against an agreed plan
- Act as a focal point for discipline leads for multi-discipline issues that require expediting or resolution
- Organise, attend, chair, contribute and prepare reports for safety reviews and other multidiscipline meetings
- Collate actions and expedite the closure of the outstanding actions with appropriate design and construction disciplines
- Good working knowledge of industry standards, specifications and procedures
- Understand project execution and work sequences, relating this to schedule and budget; managing and reporting against these, maintaining the highest level of quality in deliverables and activities
- Understand, control and forecast work area activities against schedule and deliverables at a work division and individual basis
- Integration of design schedule to procurement and/or fabrication and construction schedules
- Be competent in Design Verification; highlights areas of concern and can affect corrective actions; able to supervise others
- Prepare and check scope of work specifications, project procedures and project reports
- Approval of deliverables delegated by Project Manager or Engineering Manager or equivalent
- To monitor and review engineering progress with Project Services, Engineering, and construction disciplines
- To review engineering budgets and performance and initiate control measures including adjustments to manning levels
- To monitor receipt and review cycle for vendor documents and identify any problem areas
- To represent engineering and construction at Procurement status meetings
- To assist with development of Design Change Notices
- To assist with the development of, and approval of, Engineering Queries
- To assist and coordinate with responses to site queries
- Able to fulfil role of Engineering Coordinator on small to medium size project
- Recognised Qualification in an engineering discipline
- Preferable chartered engineer and member of recognized institution
- Relevant proven experience in multidiscipline engineering management within engineering and procurement projects for the oil and gas industry
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.