Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an immediate requirement for Solution Consultants and Senior Solution Consultants to expand our Digital Consulting team based i n either our Perth , Melbourne or Brisb ane offices .
We are looking for self-starters who get a kick out of working closely both with our clients and with our best business, digital and technical domain experts, to deliver real value (production gains, OPEX savings, emissions reduction or increased safety) for energy, mining and public infrastructure assets.
The successful candidates will join an assembly of global talent that is shaping and powering successful digital operations transformation in a practical, tangible way focusing on intelligent asset optimisation and decarbonisation projects . About the role:
Please note, that to be considered you must have the right to work in Australia and not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia. Skills / Qualifications
- You will work within a client project team of 5-8 business, digital and deep domain experts focusingon rapid and sustained value delivery in maintenance, production, reliability, inventory and emissions
- This includes end-to-end consulting from business casing , roadmap generation , dynamic asset management system design, OT infrastructure and data strategy, AI model generation and solution deployments that optimise for and automate across multiple levers
- Our final artefacts gravitate towards providing digital solutions including artificial intelligence and physics models that continuously look to add value to our clients' operations
- To maximise impact, you will use your proven change and transformation skillset to drive the change adoption and embedding of these solutions within our client's business
- Through implementation, you will also help to develop the proven Wood Accelerate^ management consulting style toolkit to expand our collective knowledge base and develop new digital solutions to better help our clients
- Demonstrate understanding of the client's overall problem and quickly generate frameworks or solutions for the team
- Discuss issues beyond immediate scope of the project and build lasting relationships
- Test and understand client's organisational dynamics (using surveys, focus interviews and other consulting tools) and adapt project delivery accordingly
- Client project work typically includes gathering and analysing data , formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations and engage with client team members.
- Analyse data ( e.g. reports, surveys, products, market) leveraging data analytics tools with minimal supervision from senior colleagues, for product development , / management or implementation purposes and to test hypotheses
It takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact Wood has on the global energy sector. As a member of the team you will demonstrate many of the following :
Experience with the following highly desirable but not necessary :
- M i n imum of 2 years of industry work experience , in energy, mining or public infrastructure sectors , providing advanced analytics solutions, working for an operator or management consulting focused on operations, and / or growth initiatives
- Advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, physics or any other discipline with a quantitative focus
- Demonstrated acute strategic and analytical skills, ability to lead and persuade, drive and energy, and desire to work in a project based environment on strategic issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team and international environment as a proven team player
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in any environment
- Passion for solutioning, customer success and support
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytical and conceptual problem solving; comfort with quantitative analysis and financial principles
- Ability to understand the perspectives of varied stakeholder groups and comfortable with working at multiple levels within an organisatio n; operator to engineer to VP.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing . PowerPoint master.
- Experience in management consulting ac ross large-scale transformation/change programs, turnaround s, restructurings and integrations , strategy, performance improvement or program management.
- Experience in packaged software implementation, end user training on software applications, end user support, or related activities
- Willingness to travel to client offices and sites
- MBB, Big 4 or large consulting house experience is a plus
- Experience in Agile is a plus
- Demonstrated d ata science an d analytics capability is a plus
- Experience in financial modelling is a plus
- Experience in DevOps and machine learning is a plus
- DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Terraform, unix -based command line
- Full stack development: GraphQL , React
- Data: SQL, Spark, Hadoop
- Data Science and machine learning
- Cloud: Azure/AWS
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.