Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
- Minimum 10+ years operational experience including 4-5 years coordinator experience with High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of MPD/UBD Technologies products and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and quality skills.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Understanding of budgetary process and fiscal responsibility requirements.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
Manage the daily operations in accordance with Company policy, governmental legislation, and quality service goals, through the effective and efficient use of its financial, capital, and human resources.
Responsibilities and Duties: (not listed in any particular order)
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Maintain adequate, trained and motivated staff of department personnel and insure compliance with Company personnel policies and all governmental health, safety and employment practices.
- Promote forward thinking and assist in the development of plans and procedures that enhance company performance in response to changing market conditions.
- Ensure and promote safety, environmental, and DOT compliance
- Has direct or indirect responsibility for all personnel in MPD/UBD Department.
- Determine need for equipment and supplies while maintaining appropriate levels of inventory.
- Communicate with customers and sales to perform services according to client specifications.
- Schedule supervisors and responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of their work, reports and expenses.
- Perform any service, repair or maintenance task necessary when hands-on assistance is needed including field duty.
- Oversee general maintenance of equipment and facility
- Recognize problems and improvements needed and passes these on to upper management.
- Review performance against operating plans and standards. Provide reports to subordinates on interpretation of results. Consult with District Manager when there are substantial changes in plan direction.
- Submit all required reports on a timely basis.
- Required to work on a 24-hour call basis.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Provide orientation and on-the-job training for subordinates and ensure that the authority and responsibility for each position is defined and understood.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions