Where you fit in
This role will provide an opportunity to build and lead & work with a new team of DevOps engineers part of the PTUPIGRES SOM (Service Operations Management) under Digital Innovation SOM in Information & Digital Services and Operations (IDSO), working on a high-performance digital analysis platform build on Azure, making use of Azure native services.
The purpose of PTUPIGRESOM is to operate the Projects & Technology Landscapes by delivering differentiating IT capabilities (products & services), thus supporting technology development, application, and deployment as a major competitive advantage for Shell. The "Landscape" element emphasizes that infrastructure, applications, and data management practices need to come together in an integrated fashion to effectively support Business workflows.What's the role?
The role involves incubating and maturing new solutions until resulting products are stable and ready to scale across one or more Shell businesses. Your role would include the following responsibilities:
What we need from you
- Execute successful deployments for all services in close partnership with relevant teams
- Responsible for secure and reliable operation of all products/solutions in scope and the delivery of the day-to-day E2E application services according to the agreed Service Levels and/or Operate Level Agreements
- Support new service development for emerging digital technologies solutions.
- Continuous Improvement of operational capability and services through automation, simplification of adoption and other improvements
- Support reporting of operations landscape health in terms of availability, incident management, KPIs etc.
- Maintain awareness of IT trends and emerging technologies
As a Senior Software Engineer, you must have the following skills/qualifications:
- Substantial experience in Corporate IT
- Strong technical skills (Intermediate to Expert) in two or more of the following areas - Azure DevOps, CI/CD, Azure, AWS, Infrastructure, Shell scripting, C#, Python, Azure/AWS CLI, Restful APIs, administration skills
- Hands-on experience working on building production platforms such as Hyperledger Fabric, Hyperledger Besu, Ethereum, etc.
- Sound understanding of gRPC nodes in blockchain and familiarly with basic cryptography and P2P networks
- Understanding and operating experience of technologies and market trends related to Robotics, Machine Vision, IoT
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively and manage relationships with Business stakeholders, peers, and subordinates, in a virtual, geographically dispersed, and cross-cultural environment
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.