We are looking for an exceptional, results driven analyst with passion for action, strong leadership skills, ability to demonstrate professional skepticism and able to use data sets to make strategic recommendations.
If you are eager to work in a smart and energetic environment where you will be challenged, and make an impact across all Shell employees, this is a great opportunity for you to lead the T&E Assurance team and Country Advisors. Understanding business requirements and promote compliance through policy, driving standardization and improvements. Intention is to improve overall T&E management across Shell.
The role is part of the Leadership Team reporting to the T&E Operations Manager. By working with T&E, other support functions and Business partners.
You will ensure that we use spend data insights to provide information and heightened awareness to functions, policy owners and other relevant stakeholders. Intention is to improve overall T&E management across Shell.What is the role?
As T&E Assurance and Insight Manager, you will be a member of Employee Expenditure T&E Operations and Leadership team.
You will ensure the employees spend are in compliance with the policy and that necessary are actions are taken. More importantly you should be able to provide information and heightened awareness on spend patterns and controls on identified risk areas.
More specifically, your role will include:
What we need from you?
- Review and allocate the team scope and activities. This will consider the timely delivery of the team and process objectives as enumerated in the Integrated Process Plan and the annual 5+3 targets.
- Keep abreast with the local, legal, and fiscal requirements to Travel and Expense policies and incorporating in the process
- Together with the Assurance Specialist, ensure employee spend are compliant by constantly updating Audit rules, Oversight insight and other tools to filter expenses.
- Together with Country advisors, understand spend patterns and trends and develop insight and strategic recommendations
- Drive collaboration and integrated effort initiatives with business partners, policy holders and different support functions (CP, BID, HR, Corporate Travel etc.) to improve overall T&E management.
- Act as primary focal during employee investigation and internal and external audit engagements for T&E related transactions.
- Manage various personnel functions including but not limited to team resourcing, training, and performance appraisals.
- Promote process knowledge sharing among members, cross team, and cross process/function.
- Facilitate coaching to ensure high level individual and team performance.
- Provide assurances where required for the area of operation.
- Drive and lead projects to continuously improve and where there are significant changes to portfolio and or the current operating system.
Your ability to initiate innovation, think strategically and act tactically as well as excellent leadership and stakeholder management skills will inspire your community to collaborate and make an impact that matters. Furthermore, we will need:
- Graduate of any Finance related course preferably Accounting and with professional qualification.
- Experience in leading a team (5+ years) and documenting process and changes within the processes
- The ability to effectively communicate insights from a dataset using narratives and visualizations. Transform data insights into context to drive a point and inspire action.
- A deep understanding of audience segmentation, data analytics/measurement to drive engagement strategies.
- Strong drive to deliver, quickly adapt to testing team's ways of working, to resolve issues with limited guidance and with assertiveness,
- Commercial mindset through the use of appropriate data, Continuous Improvement training and experience, is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under time pressure and juggling deadlines while maintaining a good directional overview.
- The ability to integrate and collaborate across boundaries to support T&E team to deliver value for Shell as a whole.