Country Director - Solar / BESSPetroplan Featured Employer
Country Director - Solar / BESS Developer
Petroplan are pleased to be recruiting for a Country Director to join a well-established European Development Company who are looking to further strengthen and grow their project pipeline in Hungary.
Location: Budapest, Hungary.
Attractive Salary & Bonus Structure plus company benefits.
In the long-run, you will be responsible for managing a small to medium team of Technical and Development professionals across Hungary as the business organically grows.
In the short-term, the role will be very much focussed across developing and growing a project pipeline in Hungary.
* Develop strategic plan and budget needs for development in target market and continuously drive the completion of strategic milestones that will advance a project through the various stages of development;
* Develop, advance and manage existing or new downstream solar projects including offtake, permitting, interconnection, land, community relations, stakeholder management and all related budgets;
* Lead development efforts for greenfield, co-development and project acquisitions within targeted markets/sectors;
* Manage cross-functional teams including legal, financial, project management and asset management resources to analyze and close transactions aligned with department goals;
* Prepare and negotiate agreements as JV-agreements, development agreements, shareholder agreements, etc.;
* Identify and develop partner relations with project developers, financial institutions, investors, contractors, lawyers, consultants, authorities, grid operators, advisors, manufacturers and other market participants to maintain a project pipeline;
* Manage all aspects of project development and acquisition including;
* Make sure the team can identify and secure suitable project sites, perform cost/feasibility analysis, pricing analysis, contract and concession agreement negotiations;
* Negotiate land leases and easements, managing landowner relationships and collaborating closely with internal support teams;
* Identify, manage and secure interconnection agreements while leading the overall interconnection strategy for a specific project or market area;
* Secure permits required by local, county, state and federal jurisdictions , and managing community relations;
* Obtain internal approvals to allow projects to advance, including preparing projects for Investment Committee approval and maintaining overall budget and schedule for project in compliance with approvals;
* Communicate regularly with senior leadership on the state of the renewable energy markets and present investment opportunities;
* Evaluate market drivers including new technologies, financial incentives, government/regulatory issues and business structures to continually grow the portfolio and maintain a competitive position in the industry;
* Represent the Company at solar fairs, events and regulatory meetings.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.