The Mechanical CAD Designer is responsible for preparing and maintaining engineering or sustaining project design layouts, production drawings and other related documentation per ANSI/ Schlumberger standards, considering methods of manufacture and tolerance and their effect on related parts or assemblies.Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Function as a design engineer for routine/correction.
- Prepare average complexity original mechanical layouts using the CAD system.
- Depending on seniority, use the CAD system to prepare and maintain highest complexity mechanical and average complexity electrical and electronic product and production drawings and other related documentation from layouts, sketc.hes or verbal instructions.
- Be responsible for accuracy of assignments, except for design features that are the responsibility of the project engineer.
- Understand ANSI/Schlumberger drafting methods, standards and procedures.
- Understand Schlumberger manufacturing processes and techniques, and interpretation of ANSI/Schlumberger standards and procedures.
- Possesses basic knowledge of the mechanical and, depending on the seniority, partial to total knowledge of the electrical and electronic Product Line.
- Maintain status reports on all projects assigned.
- Associate of Science or 3 years of experience
- Technology or Manufacturing Center
- Product File Management
- GD&T knowledge/experience
- 3D printing
- Mechanical CAD
- Specific CAD modeling knowledge: 3D helical profiles
- CAD modeling using Creo specifically
- Experience with Windchill (which we use to manage our CAD data in GEMS)
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an "Equal Opportunity Employer". For more information regarding your rights, refer to the latest version of the "EEO is the Law" poster, the "EEO is the Law-Supplement" poster, and the "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision" located here: company website
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact company website to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion section of our website for more information company website
SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested